Girl looks different than online photos?

So, this girl that I've been talking to from a dating site gave me her Facebook name and we added each other. Unfortunately, her Facebook photos do not look like her online photos. I mean, not at all. Without going into too much detail, she managed to hide (very well) that she was actually quite a bit larger than her photos show. She also has terrible teeth which she also managed to hide.

Don't get me wrong, there is someone out there for everyone but I'm just not attracted to her, at all like I thought I may have been. She looks like a totally different person than I thought. And we haven't been talking long enough for me to really care about her personality. How do let her know I don't want to meet her or go on a date without hurting her feelings?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't you hate that? I've had that happen in both ways either they were semi good looking so when it came to meeting them I'm not that enthusiastic, but hoping "please,please look better in person" and they actually do look better throwing me off my game lol or they have this one really good picture and you meet them and think to yourself "wow that was some angle you shot of yourself, what magical camera are you using and where can I buy one?" lol.

This situation is so hard but it's best to stop talking to her before you meet because she really is gonna feel like you didn't find her attractive in person etc since now going out your adding more things she thought she could of did wrong as far as behavior. I think since you guys haven't really established anything too serious yet and haven't met in person I think this is the one exception that you don't have to explain why you're no longer interested. She'll get over it faster than if you met her and changed your mind. I've had that happen and it always kind of stays with you a little cause you always wonder what you did wrong, "was it my hair?" "was their something in my teeth?" "did I say something weird?" it totally sucks.

It's nice you care, some (I'm saying some lol) guys don't even bother to consider the best option so no one gets hurt. Good for you :) xo

What Girls Said 10

• Stop talking to her, if she contacts you say you think you should only be friends, or you can lie and say you're seeing someone.

If you want to tell her straight up that you felt like you were deceived by all means do it. She'll probably get upset, call you a shallow a**hole, but you know what- false advertising is not OK. I'm sure she's well aware that her pictures are not very accurate so even if she gets upset you're not in the wrong for telling her.

But my first suggestion will probably go over smoother. Good luck! :)

• Delete, block and done. Who cares about her feelings? She's obviously not to be trusted. She'll get over it and learn not to be a deceptive and manipulative character.

• Sadly, she has my number. Wish there were a way to block that easily.

• There are apps available for blocking unwanted calls on your cell phone...lol.

• well you have to equally like her personality just as much as her looks, they say looks isn't everything, but they pretty much kinda are. you want to be with someone who you are attracted to inside, and out. So I would say just kinda stop talking to her, and tell her maybe you only see each other being as just friends.

• Be honest and though it may hurt her feelings some what it wasn't fair to you that she didn't display honestly who she really was. Because of that you fell for a fake representation and that's not cool. Let me ask you this...could you still see yourself being friends with her in general and if so share that with her?

• No probably not because we were literally only talking to each other because of how we both looked. I don't even know her, at all.

• Then definitely be honest and keep it moving! Just imagine had you met her in person and the reaction on your face when you saw the real her...wouldn't have been cute at all and probably would have hurt her feelings more than getting a message sayin, "hey this here ain't gonna work"...lol. Good Luck!

• tell her straight just appologize but just say the truth.. dnt beat around the bush about it.

• Maybe that was an old photo or something happened

• dont 4get best answer

• Ha see why you should date in real life 1st ..it saves time too

• Wow, I never thought of that?! That's the most inspiring thing I've heard... Obviously if I was more proficient at dating in the real world I wouldn't be online.

• maybe its just where you live or where you go...if you travel there'll always be a successful dating scene.

• Well at least go on another date didn't her personality mean anything

• We haven't even met. Just through Facebook.

• O well then she might have changed

• tell her you don't want none of that ishhhhhh

What Guys Said 4

• That's the reality - people do look different in pictures. Photoshop anyone?

Some look worse in pictures but good in person, others like that girl - the opposite, they look in (some) pictures way better than they actually do.

There's no way how a rejection could be painless, but consider using the coward-solution, as I assume you haven't met each other in person, only online. Just don't appear online, remove her, block her, don't talk to her anymore. She will get the message and you won't hurt her self-esteem.

That's why I always keep sayin that the best way how to meet girls is in person, anywhere but not online.

The net is good to find the necessary information, but there's no way that you may be deceived so bad in person.

• Agreed. I thought about just blocking her etc. Haha but I feel bad. I take a lot of time to add lots of high res photos of myself from different angles so people actually know what I look like. It's really annoying when this happens.

• This has been happening since myspace, you really need to look at online pictures more carefully. Iv had my fair share of lemons.

• Dump her for false advertising. I've met up with chicks that were fatter than their online photos. I've walked out of the restaurant before even wasting my money, after telling them that I might have dated the chick if she weren't a liar.

• Tell her straight up that she was deceptive in her pictures, and this hurt you. And that unlike her, you're going to be honest, and say that you're not interested in her, and then cut all contact.