What exactly are you suppose to feel for you boyfriend/girlfriend after a month?

please no love at first sight ...only if you have been married for 10 + years because usually that does happen. The only thing I feel is "like"...no love. is this normal? I thought love took time to develop. should I have very strong feelings right now?

Most Helpful Girl

• No two people are the same and no two relationships are the same either, so I don't think there's really any standard of where you "should" be after a month's time. Some people fall hard and fast, others take a really long time to open up.

Do you enjoy spending time with the person you're dating and want to continue spending time with them? Do you feel like you know who they are (what they value, what their personal goals are, what they enjoy doing) and do you feel like that information meshes well with who you are and what you want? Do you feel like you and your partner have bonded at all? If the answer is "yes" to these questions, then I'd say you're in pretty good shape after a month, regardless of whether love is part of the equation yet.

What Guys Said 3

• a month isn't very long. but with the right person, you'll feel that strong love in weeks.

but you're no 'supposed' to feel anything. there is no expectation.

i'd say that if you don't feel strongly about him by now tho, he might not be the right person for you.

• after a month? I think that's infatuation not love.

• i just said strongly, not in love.

also depends on how long you've known each other before dating tho.

• I guess a sense of happiness and comfort in the fact that you have someone you like. I'd say love after a month is entirely not necessary.

• If you love the person after only a month, you fall in love much too easily and will be brokenhearted many times before you actually find someone.

After a month, I think you should feel that you enjoy their time and you see at least a short termed future with that person.

What Girls Said 3

• There is no way you "should" feel, let your feelings for the person develop on their own. Love is a strong word and a lot of people throw it around too easily. As long as you want the relationship to progress and you are open to loving them, stay with them.

• I think whatever you feel is what you should feel. I don't think there is a right or wrong way to feel.

I've been with my boyfriend a month and I love him(NOT in love yet though...I think that takes way more time). But I've also known my boyfriend for like 2 years before we got together so, I already loved him as a friend to begin with.

• Everyone is different. There is NO repeat NO particular rule about how you should feel after a month. If your feelings for a guy are really strong or if you really feel a special connection with that person after a month, then you can say your in love.You do not have to be married like 10 or more years lol. I do have a boyfriend and we have an extremely powerful connection, we have been together 3 months and we are both in love. He has said it to me and I said it to him. We both don't care what others say about how fast it was(im all like whatever!). It all depends on how deeply you feel. Or if you can fee any special chemistry lol.