"really likes me" but has never taken me out on a date?

This guy and I have been having a thing for four months now. Its at the point where its more than friends w benefits, since we are exclusive, and we can't for example see others, flirt with others, etc. However he has never asked me out on a date, or taken me out? We meet maybe once a week, or two weeks, and its all nice and cosy and so on. And its enough for him. It doesn't seem like he has plans of actually ¨being¨ together with me and having a gfbf relationship. He says that he has really strong feelings for me, and that he's afraid of getting attached, etc. I mean if a guy really liked a girl so much , he would take her out and treat her like a girlfriend right? Or am I totally weird here now -.- What do you guys think ? Should I just have a clean break with him cus its not going anywhere..?

Most Helpful Guy

• You guys are basically girlfriend boyfriend already.

• ur kidding right? how ? o.O

• Because you're exclusive and can't see other people.

What Guys Said 3

• He may not have taken you out on a real date, but you guys are already boyfriend/girlfriend if you aren't flirting with anybody else and not allowed to see anyone else.

• break it off, it's not going to work.

"afraid of getting attached" is a key phrase for, I don't want to date you

FWB relationships never work out well

• Wow, 4 months. If it isn't working, break it off.

• hes not making an effort to make it work. but yea sounds like a good decision

What Girls Said 4

• i think you should get out of there before he finds a girl he really does want to date and gives you the boot. he has strong feelings for you--in his pants. But as soon as the "dateable" girl comes along (poor girl that she is), you're history.

• I agree with what all the other girls are saying! You deserve to be treated like a girlfriend when you guys are exclusive already! You should go and talk to him about it. Girl, don't settle!

• Sounds like a dysfunctional boyfriend/girlfriend relationship to me too. Only stick with it if you don't mind being a place holder for some girl that he actually will fall for (and that WILL happen). I think you should get out before you really get hurt.

• it's bullsh*t if he won't date you, sounds like he wants you wrapped around his finger