What causes a icy cold throat?

Hi, here's an unusual one for about the last 2 month I've had a freezing cold throat inside, its really weird, I also get weird pains in the top of my stomach almost like a little cramp. I have just gotten over a nasty case of the flu, but the cold icy throat started about a month before that and although my colds better I still have this problem. I wonder if its to do with the fact that I breath through my mouth as my nasal passages are to small to breath through my nose. The only thing is I've only had this problem once before about 9 years ago, it was a mystery then as it is now, even seeing the doctor hasn't helped because he doesn't know either.

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be from an abnormally sized esophogus, where the liquid takes longer than it should to go down your throat.

What Guys Said 2

• Weird! The only time I get an icy cold throat is when, well, when I have ice or ice cold fluid in my throat!

• I always got a cold feeling when I breathe in at times when I started getting a flu. Only lasted a couple days though.

What Girls Said 1