How important is humor to a girl in dating a guy?

I hear that girls really dig humor how important is that assume that you think a guy is sort of cute? Because I know one or two fat guys who are hilarious and they never hook up or date...so how important is humor is it just bs?

Most Helpful Girl

• A good sense of humor is probably important to everyone. The only reason it wouldn't help a guy get a date would be if there was some other part of his personality that wasn't desirable... or if there was something about the way he looks that the more shallow girls might not care for. Humor is always a good thing though.

What Girls Said 6

• Humor is and always a must. If I can't laugh I find it hard to want to be around someone who can't make me laugh and the conversations become lifeless and boring. They don't have to be a comedian but I should be able to laugh with someone. My boyfriend was never funny but he always found a way to make me laugh and smile. I know most women want to do that-laugh and smile

• Very important. I love to laugh.

• If a guy can't make me laugh or has no sense of humor, it's a total no go. I love when a guy can joke around, laugh at himself and me. It's not really that it's 'cute,' but it's entertaining, I have a good time when I'm laughing.

• I love a guy who is able to make me laugh. It just makes a deeper connection with them. I love sarcasm, I don't know why but I'm a sarcastic person myself & I love it. It just makes me laugh & feel happy, you know ? It also gives me a chance to see the guy smile a lot, if he has a great smile to offer. :) Humour is contagious.

• It's really important to me but that wouldn't be the only thing that would make me want to date someone.

• It's very important because a guy without a sense of humor is a bore to be around.

What Guys Said 8

• It's really hard to express in words the benefit of making a girl laugh but also being a good conversationalist. But if you can manage to crack a smile from a girl, you're just a few steps further to getting her to really give you a tryout. Humor in a man is a great asset in most girls views.

• As a guy who uses a lot of humor when talking to women, I can vouch that it is invaluable. Keep in mind that a phone call should not be a Larry King interview and a date should not be the Jim Lehrer news hour. You don't want to small-talk about the weather, nor do you want to be too sexually aggressive and you don't want to be over-intellectual and too serious with your topics either, so humor breaks the ice.

Being funny doesn't mean you will always get a lot of dates, but it does help a lot. Not all women are the same. Some are just uptight in general or don't have the mental capacity to keep up with the humor, but that's a very small minority. A lot of women, but not most, won't feel comfortable laughing at a guy's humor unless they are immediately attracted to them and/or they earned their respect.

• almost mandatory

• pretty much mandatory

• So important.

• Girls like money but they love the funny

• Extremely important.

If a girl says "you make me laugh" it's like saying "you're hot and I want to do you". (Ok, slightly exaggerated but not THAT much).

• I would not of got laid so many times if I was not so ha ha you know?