Ok so I'm white I was adopted to a black family and I want to date a white guy.

but my family says that I should date a black guy because they feel I wouldn't fit in white people but my thing is when I'm with black guys I'm torn between worlds I don't know what to do because a new guy has come to my school and he seems interested but my family doesn't approve I don't know what to do

Most Helpful Guy

• Huh? What's up wid dat? I'm a white guy, and I prefer to date black women. I'm also one, of two, white guys in my church of over 300. I have never heard anything so silly in my life (a long life at that). What difference could it possibly make. Find someone that loves you back as much as you love him, and who cares what color he is. It's whatever works for you. If you have a preference, that's fine, but no one else can make that decision for you. Once you find a guy, and bring him home, everyone will get along fine. Guarantee it.

• Oh, and no cracks about my age! LOL

• Ever since I read this question, that old Steve Martin movie, "The Jerk", keeps flashing to mind. lol

What Guys Said 2

• [Age 18 to 24]

Date a guy you like and who likes you, regardless of skin or family opinions.

Success!

• Ur profile says ur sixty lol

but on a serious note I wish it were that simple though my family is very good at pressuring me

• Tough gettin old, huh Jacques? LOL. Hangin around in here makes me feel ancient sometimes. Guess it keeps me up to date as well though. Be well.

• Julie,

I too knew the family pressure and I went my way, OUR way (that 60's generation,ya know ;-))

palek,

There's a sort of heritage of experience and knowledge to be transmitted, and not only through the parents: in a society children/adolescents and education should be every adults' responsibility. (and my wife's a teacher: she infected me LOL )

• Black people are so racist and bigoted that they will never change their opinion on the subject. They'll probably say he's the racist and not even give him a chance (ironic?). So if I were you I'd get with a white guy asap and leave that house forever!

What Girls Said 4

• Your family shouldn't care about what color skin your date has. That's racist, and I realize that it's harder for black people to be around white people rather that white people to be around black people because of history, but honestly, date who you want, if he's really a nice guy, bring him home and your family will love him.

• Well my parents were kind of the same way. They never really liked the idea of me dating white guys but once they got to know them and saw that they really were nice guys, they became ok with it. They'll get over it, lol.

• You should date whoever you feel compatible with. Your family is entitled to their opinion, but that's kind of hypocritcal. No disrespect to your family but if they are black and adopted a white baby, how can they tell their white child not to date a white person because they won't fit in lol?

• you should def date whoever you want to date. it shouldnt matter about the color of someones skin, but with that said, I think you should def date the white you, your white so why does it matter? its your relationship, not theirs, obviously they care about you, but you shouldnt just date a black guy to fit in..