Do you think that if women stopped wearing make-up on a regular basis, men would lower their standards?

This question is obviously meant to go along with the last two style questions.

Make-up isn't going away anytime soon, but assuming it does, do you think it would help our eyes to adjust to natural beauty?

Please don't take this question too seriously. It was just something to contemplate. I wasn't complaining. Thank you all.

Most Helpful Guy

• one can be goodlooking even without make up,all she has to do is to take a good care of her skin,i always prefer the natural look and lot of other guys too

• I agree. It's just that a lot of guys are used to the airbrushed look on beautiful girls, so when they see the same beautiful girl without make-up under harsh sunlight, she's automatically average.

• I don't wear make-up everyday, okay most days, but a lot of girls just love to play around with make-up as a form of expression. It can be a healthy passion in life.

• women want to be perfect and flawless and I don't blame them when most of the magazines and media make it that way

What Guys Said 9

• People's view on attraction and there would just proportionally decrease so it's likely that the most beautiful girl with make up, would probably still be the most beautiful without it.

• I'm going to be terrible here and say that depending on your general location in the world, girl's can be way overrated and guys lower their standards way too often. I think we can all related to having stayed some place and then 6 months later when you moved someplace else you had a nervous breakdown because everybody seemed stunning.

Maybe this goes both ways?

• I don't know. I don't think it depends on location for me. I can understand what you're saying, though. I grew up in Maryland and then moved to Iowa my senior year of high school. Well my senior class was a total of 20 students, four of them related to me. I didn't lower my standards, I just didn't date. Someone else in that position may lower their standards, not because people in small towns are ugly, but because there are less people to choose from.

• is this question cause of me :D

people have lowered their standards as is with obesity on the rise so I wouldn't be suprised. But make up only looks good upto an extent, too much makes it look like plastic

• Lol. Not everything is about you.

Yes. Make-up looks good in small amounts.

• maybe, but I was asking since we were talking about it :p

the thing I hate about make up is the toxicity(or so I have heard, I could be completely wrong) so once in a while I think is okay but doing it too often definitely can't be good for you

• There are better options for make-up. Natural products that let your skin breathe.

• No.

Men would become less horny.

There's a reason why women don't want sex that much as men do. Men don't wear make-up.

• Lol. Maybe less blow jobs, but the womens' bodies wouldn't change.

• i like this theory, interesting!

• Bodies wouldn't change, unless along with make-up also things like push-up bras and heels would be gone too.

• This is true.

It's like what my friend said

After coming here (this school) I have lowered my standards on girls. Why? Because there aren't any (for every 8 guys there is one girl) And the ones that are here, don't even look like girls.

• I think some girls would benefit from the less or none make up look. My example would be when my friend showed me a picture of Snookie from Jersey Shore without make up on my jaw dropped by cartoonish levels.

• She really is pretty without the caked on make-up.

• i think a lot a much prettier than they give themselves credit for I mean in a long tern relationship the guys going to see you without your make eventually.

• I think that if women stopped wearing makeup, men would start wearing it!

#makeup

• "Lower Our Standards"? I would not refer to "adjusting to no makeup" as "lowering standards"...I would probably not date a heavily madeup female anyway...my wife only wears mascara and eyebrow pencil and not even that all the time...I would plenty happy if it disappeared forever..(:(:(:

• Hmm I suppose I didn't exactly mean to ask if guys would lower their standards. Really I believe guys would be less sensitive to uneven skintone and eyes that don't sparkle all the time. Yes, I'm sure your wife is beautiful.

• Oh never mind I see it. She's an attractive lady.

• Yes, I think guys would lower their standards for sure.

What Girls Said 8

• As a woman who never wears makeup, I've never had a hard time attracting sexy intelligent men. If anything, I am constantly complemented for being "natural" and "comfortable with myself" and men have often voiced to me that girls who wear makeup try too hard. To suggest that men are "lowering their standards" if women stop wearing makeup is laughable, someone has been reading way too many fashion magazines. We weren't born with makeup and many of us look just fine without it and are enjoying beautiful physical and sexual relationships in spite of it. High standards have to do with a lot more than materialism and superficiality. Lets give the men some credit, shall we?

• Wow. This wasn't about what I think. I don't wear makeup regularly, either. I had just seen the other question with the links to Adriana and Allesandra the supermodels without makeup and I thought they still looked pretty, but some other people didn't. I was wondering if guys were getting too used to the air-brushed look. I will have to watch my wording next time.

Thanks for the answer.

• don't complain caz most guys don't have as much of a high standard as girls .Dont

• amazing question!1

• No, I think guys are going to still be shallow regardless. Most of them set standards which they can't even attain themselves.

• Nope. There are women out there with natural beauty, so even without makeup they look gorgeous. Makeup enhances what we have, so a natural beautiful wears it and she looks even better. You get an ugly girl (like me, lol) who wears it and she looks average or acceptable. Average girls end up looking like beauties. So take away all the makeup, you'll have ugly, average and beautiful still. Ugly girls will just never get dates at all.

• No they might have high standards since some think it shows you take care of yourself

• No I don't think so most guys like it when girls wear less make up

• who cares? everyone looks better with it, the ones who are super attractive with it still look way btter without it than ugly people do.