I feel like my boyfriend doesn't want to see me?

I'm leaving for university in a few weeks, and my boyfriend keeps making excuses to not come and see me. He usually comes to my place on the weekends, but lately it seems like he always has plans (and no there is nothing wrong with having plans with friends, it just seems to be all the time). He doesn't come see me any other time, and the past 3 weeks he won't come and see me.

Could this mean he wants to break up with me, because I'm leaving?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's possible. Obviously none of us can mind read, but I would think if you only had a limited time left with someone you cared about, you'd want to make the most of it and see that person as much as you could and stand by your commitments. It's possible he is trying to protect himself by not seeing you because it's too painful and he hasn't really been able to process fully that you are leaving and he is trying to mentally detach from you so it's not so bad when you actually do leave. In any event, since you are in a relationship, you need to have an honest direct conversation. It's best to do in person but if he keeps avoiding you, ask him straight and point blank what this is about and get answers to your questions, he owes you that much. Being flaky is irresponsible and disrespectful.

What Guys Said 2

• Youre going to college darling. You'll forget about him in 2 weeks max regardless unfortunately.

• That's not such a good sign... I mean a guy very interested would want to see you for sure. Maybe he's just been busy and is failing to let you know?

What Girls Said 1

• he's having a hard time trying to deal with the fact that you're leaving. awww and that is so sad. he's probably trying to protect his heart which is what you're doing too right? I mean what if it was the other way around and he was the one whose leaving.

take some for him and plan an evening together. let him know how much he means to you and that your leaving is not because of him and that this is a hard decision. you're going to school to better yourself and its going to be hard without him and I'd tell him that. don't be afraid to be honest with how you really feel ok? in the end you'll know you were honest and that this decision is a hard one to make but at least you weren't dishonest about how you really feel about him and how much this is hurting you too. he'll appreciate that and won't forget your honesty and how much you care. take care sweetie and I wish you all the best with your academics. and with him.