What's a good price range for a first date?

I've heard that you don't want to go to too much of an expensive restaurant, but the only places that I can think of that are nice are priced around $20 a plate. Is that good? Also, I'd prefer not to go to a movie after. Would mini golfing or going for a walk be nice?

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends on where you live for prices, but I could go out to eat in Colorado get dinner, a drink or two with a friend and pay $40 or a little less for both of us. It will probably be a more generic chain restaurant, but that doesn't mean it's bad for a first date. I think $20 for JUST food is a bit high. Also mini golf sounds way more fun than taking a walk. I know a lot of girls on here think a nice stroll in the park is an ideal date, but I'd rather do something active (maybe I'm the weird one lol). I'd have a ton of fun playing mini golf, going to an arcade, laser tag, go karts, or any other random stupid thing someone comes up with.

What Girls Said 6

• Personally, I'd skip the restaurant date because one way or another it's going to get really awkward so save her the trouble.

Mini golfing and/or going for a walk are good. I know it's the first date but do you know much about her yet? If you do, you could take her out somewhere she's comfortable with.

Just an idea

• What do you think about taking her to the fair? That's what I really want to do but it'd have to wait until next week cause of our schedules.

• Excellent! Do that! It's OK. Just wait then and tell her exactly that: that you want to take her to the fair but it's next week. If she really likes you she won't mind waiting, don't worry. In the meantime, just keep in contact :)

Or, you know, if you really can't wait then you could have a pre-date or something...but the fair seems like a good idea for now.

• Well, we've been friends for years now so I think we'll be okay. I do want to see her this week though, so I'll probly just take her to lunch. I appreciate the help!

• Maybe go a cafe date instead? then you can get coffee and some inexpesive nibblies. Also you can rap up a bad date quickly after dowing a coffee or you could extend a nice one to some lunch, a walk (or just whatever option you can think of that she gives the most enthusiastic response to).

• you don't have to have a formal first date you can go mini golfing or even bowling. you can eat and talk there so you are kiliing two birds with one stone.

• Under $50 for both of you

• Or you can make the food

• Id say $20

What Guys Said 2

• under 100ish if you go somewhere nice & have a couple drinks. kinda depends on what you consider expensive. going to a movie is not usually a good idea unless you want to sit quietly beside somebody you are on a date with for the 1st time. maybe go to a bar if its going well

• Doesn't matter. If You are thinking about how much to spend then maybe dating is not a good idea but I have spend anywhere between 0 dollars and 1,200.00 on a date.

• Lol & how'd that turn out for you, douche?

• Not so bad bag :)