Would you answer your phone if it was a number you did not recognize?

So you have an incoming call and it either says a number you don't recognize or says 'Restricted' so you don't see the number. Do you answer or no? Why or why not?

• Yes I answer. I like mysteries
    17% (3)29% (4)22% (7)Vote
  • No I don't answer. if it's important they will leave a message so I know who they are first
    67% (12)43% (6)56% (18)Vote
  • Sometimes I will, sometimes not, depends on my mood
    16% (3)28% (4)22% (7)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
15|8

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I answer. If they called the wrong number, I can let them know so that it doesn't happen again. If it's someone playing a prank on me, I'll have some fun with it. If it's someone I know, I'll talk to them and add them as a contact.

Maybe it's just cause I'm lonely and nobody ever calls me... :'(

1|0
    0|0
    • Thanks for BA haha. Funny, though, cause not many other people seem to think the same way I do about this :P

What Girls Said 15

• I tend not to answer; just because I've had bad experiences with a guy who keeps calling me from other people's phone numbers. So I leave it, and figure if it's important they'll leave me a message or try and reach me in another way.

0|1
    0|0
  • sometimes.

I've had enough of weird calls ... like pre-teens using the ''call me'' option on the phone and when I call back they just start screaming ''Leave me alone you freak, why can't you stop calling me?'' (and they called me more than 20 times, which I just accepted the ''call back'' about 2 or 3). the bank trying to ''offer'' me money... and a restricted number that no one answered but I could clearly hear some sex noise on the background (which I still think it was from my 1st ex)

but... well, I don't wanna miss any job interview just because I didn't answered the call...

0|0
    0|0
  • I had this happen to me the other day. Lately, I've been getting prank calls to my phone from people asking for tandoori chicken, or something. The first time I answered the phone, I repeatedly said that my phone number was a personal number and not a business number. So I was probably explaining this for a minute then hung up the phone. So when an unknown number popped up the other day, I just left it to voice mail. Whomever was on the other line didn't leave a message, so I guess that they had called the wrong number because there was no voice mail.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't answer it unless I'm expecting an important call from someone. If the phone's right next to me, I might answer if I know who it is, but most of the time I just let the machine get it.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. My rule is,if I don't recognize the number,I don't answer. Same with the door-if I don't know the person,I don't answer the door.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't answer unrecognized phone numbers. If it's important, they're welcome to leave a voice mail or send a text. I've gotten calls from "666" 0.o

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually answer, because it could be important. It usually isn't though :T

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes I'll answer, and have a conversation lol Just for laughs. It's amazing what some people tell me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Years ago , we had a phone number very close to some pub or club's number. 6 or so calls a day, way more on some evenings. There's a convo I'll always remember (we had some friends at home that evening):

-Allo, is my husband there?

-Yep, he's here.

-Can you pass him please?

-Sorry ma'am, impossible now

-Please, pass him!

Why not? -Please, pass him!

-Really, I can't disturb them...

-Please, pass him!

-Impossible, ma'am

-WHY ?

-Srry , ma'am, it's delicate, he's upstairs .

• Hilarious!

• I never answer to a number I don't know. I wait for a message. I don't like talking on the phone very much.

0|0
    0|0
  • I answer sometimes, most of the time, they have the wrong number. *Answers phone* [Other line] "Hello is Juanito there? " Spanish accent ----> df D:

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes I answer, sometimes I dont. depends on my mood. but most times I don't answer. I don't know why...

1|0
    0|0
  • No, if your name does not popup as one of my contacts then I will not answer it.

If I know the number I will automatically put it in my contacts, meaning I know you or it's important (job, hospital,friends etc)*

0|0
    0|0
  • I need to. Could be an important call.

0|0
    0|0
  • Normally I would, because you never know who it may be. Could be a super-cool job offer, could be...a political marketing research firm.

0|0
    0|0
  • No too many freaks and weirdos

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• I don't.

I have a ring tone for family. I may not know which family member is calling but I know it family.

I also have a ring tone for friends. A ringtone for that special someone.

Unless I'm expecting a call back from a business or acquaintance I let it go to VM

Off the subject I was at the gym & a guy got a call from I'm assuming his girlfriend. He answered it & started to yell that he's at the gym.

I thought geez she was only thinking of you & if you don't want to be bothered during your workout don't answer it or shut it off.

How many of you are annoyed when a friend/family calls you at a time that's not good for you?

WHY do people feel they MUST answer a phone just because it rings?

0|0
    0|0
  • I generally do not answer a call that is marked blocked or restricted. If the number comes up, I answer it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's usually someone important or my friend who always shows up as a blocked number.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do, I never know if it could be somebody whom I know who's calling me.

1|0
    0|0
  • No I don't answer numbers I don't recognize. If it's important they'll leave a message.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes always

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't see why I wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0