How long do you normally wait to have "the talk" about being in a relationship?

I've been seeing this guy for a couple of months. We spend almost every night together whether at my place or his, we have met all each others' friends and include each other in our daily lives. He's very affectionate with me and I know from the way he acts and the things he says that he has feelings for me, and I definitely have feelings for him as well. We feel like a couple, yet we haven't talked about it at all or acknowledged whether we are together.

He is kinda a loose cannon, in the fact that he doesn't normally date girls for this long, and has never been in a real relationship. A few of his friends have told me I am the only girl he has dated for this long and that he has never felt this way about someone... and one of his best girl friend urged me to bring up "the talk".

I don't want to freak him out by bringing it up, but I don't know if I should get any deeper in my feelings for him if this isn't going anywhere - I feel like it's to the point where we should be together, or end things.

What should I do? When do you normally define the relationship, and how do you go about bringing it up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you're at a point where it would be just fine to bring that convo up.

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think I've ever had "the talk", just went with the flow.

• Nothing will end a relationship as fast and the, where are we going with this after only 2 months.

Relax and enjoy the moment, and let things flow.

What Girls Said 1

• If he is seeing you exclusively (and you have a sexual relationship), then I think he must be interested in dating you. But maybe he likes the unofficialness that you have now. If it isn't a sexual relationship then he might not want to ruin your friendship by dating.

You know... I think the relationship is normally defined with both people say the words "I like/love you." At that point, what happens next is kinda just intuition.