How would you take it if a guy acted like this?

I would've liked my boyfriend to be a bigger part of my life. I am a part of his. I go along with plans he makes. I've gotten to know his friends. I've driven out to his house and stayed the night. I've never been formally introduced to his parents, though, I've told him I wanted to be more than once. I told him I don't like being the one who drives out to see him all the time. I also said I don't like those visits to be all around a late evening and late night. It doesn't really change. He doesn't offer to see me. I've tried arranging small things for him to get to know my friends better, and a few things for him to meet some of my family. He's found reasons to say no every time. He says he has a problem with anxiety, but I just feel taken for granted. It's been almost a year since we first met.

Most Helpful Guy

• That's way too long for you to be making such a great effort while he doesn't.

What Guys Said 3

• I was in a relationship like this once and all I can really say is that you can keep putting forward the effort but if he doesn't it will end just like mine, poorly. Not messy or mean or anything like that but one of you will just burn out.

• Hi, I'm in a very similar situation as you are. I wish my girlfriend would let me play a bigger role in her life. I eventually confronted her yesterday, but I don't know if that was right either :(

• "Would've"? It is harder for me to make any judgement about you and yours as I must have said or done something to put you off...is hard for me to get a feel for either one of you...however...a relationship is just that: a two-way interaction..EVERY item I have heard from you indicates one-way...true, I am only hearing your side of the story...but...that side has sounded bizarre to me...best I can do...unless I know you better..and no...that is no guarantee

What Girls Said 0