Why doesn't she respond when I tell her she's pretty?

So this girl almost has to know that I like her. She is definitely a little shy, she even says so herself. I told her she was pretty and she basically ignored it and talked about something else. Do you think she's just shy or embarrassed or is she trying to tell me she doesn't like me like that by avoiding it when I say it? I don't smother her with it and she does text me first about half the time. My friend thinks she doesn't think she's pretty so she avoids the compliment.

We've been out twice. Once for dinner and once I went over and we ordered food. I have complimented her on other things. Movies (I told her she was awesome because I asked her what she was doing and she was watching my all time favorite movie) and her career which I respect greatly and almost went into myself, We also make fun of each other a lot. So I definitely think there's interest but she seems to avoid it whenever I make a comment about her looks.

Most Helpful Girl

• She definitely likes you a lot.

So don't worry about that.

I tend to be the same way. I hate when guys I like compliment my looks. If you are already with me. I don't need validation all the time. I know you like they way I look ...thats fine but do you like other things about me? My skills? My personality? The little things I do for you? Why do you care what is on the surface so much? Yes I may not love the way I look but I'm content...and I don't want to base my relationship on image. I'm not a piece of meat. Compliment her on something that matters. I'm glad she isn't superficial.

What Girls Said 5

• like some of the others have said, it could be she's not comfortable with herself and isn't sure how to take it when you compliment her. and it could definitely be because she's shy as well. I've had guys call me 'hun/dear/beautiful/pretty/sexy' and stuff like that, and they tried to use me, so now when guys say that I kinda wonder why they say it, if that makes sense. I would highly recommend you do what ANON said to do :-) I wish you all the best and GOOD LUCK!

• I know I'm shy and avoid it because I don't feel I am and don't know really how to respond. If I felt better about myself I'd throw a thank you in sometimes, but it's an awkward feeling of feeling someone thinks that about you but don't know how to react right away even if you love they think it about you - more if you are attracted to them.

• I believe it's caeca use she doesn't find herself attractive so when you say that she finds it awkward so she avoids it. I fink she likes you because she makes the effort of contacting you first so that's a sure sign that she does find you interesting to say the least.

I know this because I speak from expwrice :)

Goodluck

• i'm a shy girl and I feel like she likes you but she doesn't know how to respond to your compliment. she probably smiles to herself when she thinks about it and you're not around :)

• It could go either way .

Girls want a guy to notice more about them by thier looks, so try complimenting her on about something more personal and unique that you two can have a discussion about. For instance, if she has a talent or obvious interest (such as her taste in music) that you actually do think is a positive quality.

What Guys Said 2

• Have you asked her out? Compliments are fine but as Miss Anon points out try complimenting on non-physical traits, but sooner or later preferably sooner you need to make the move or you risk being friend-zoned by her.

• i agree :)

• We've been out twice. Once for dinner and once I went over and we ordered food. I have complimented her on other things. Movies (I told her she was awesome because I asked her what she was doing and she was watching my all time favorite movie) and her career which I respect greatly and almost went into myself, We also make fun of each other a lot. So I definitely think there's interest but she seems to avoid it whenever I make a comment about her looks.

• Good. If she's gone out with you before, then keep taking her out on dates, escalating each time. She probably feel unattractive, which could be why she has a hard time with compliments about her looks.

Spending time with her, her seeing you enjoy being with her are actions and actions speak louder than words.

• Drop it.

Also - ask her out.

• And what happens when you try something physical?

Stop sitting there saying crap and show her you find her attractive.

• I haven't gotten that far yet. I was plannig on trying something the next time we got together.