How to talk on a dating site?

I've been trying out this dating site OKcupid since its free and was wondering what kind of things should I talk about that might give a girl enough interest to meet me in person.

I've had tons of conversations with people, but girls seem to stop talking once I bring up the idea of meeting up.

It's much easier for me to get to know people in person than online and also easier to show off my personality. Talking online is so much different than in person, I much rather talk in person, but how do I make a girl interested enough to meet me in person.

I usually just talk about basic stuff like both our interests, school, recent events and other stuff like that, what could I talk about to make a girl interested enough to meet me in person?

P.S. I only do this online site because I want to get to know more girls than just the ones in my social circles right now, I'm not one of those guys that hangs out on the computer all day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe those girls you're meeting are hesitant and afraid of meeting up with a stranger. Assure them that you're the real deal and turn on your charm!

What Girls Said 5

• I think your doing good so far and if girls don't wanna meet with you even though your keepin good conversation with them, then maybe they're not the right girls for you; they're probably on that dating site for a reason,...because they can't attract someone in person and don't have a real broad social circle and once you brought up the idea of meeting up in person you intimidated them away. I say you might start looking for girls in person and striking up a conversation IN person,...because sometimes people use dating online sites for many reasons that they could be disguising and hiding to you behind that computer screen, and plus there's tons of nice beautiful girls that would love to be approached in person you just gotta look into your local hot spots:)

• Talk about your interest and stuff like you have been and once you two are a little more comfortable with each other, use humor. Girls love a guy with a good sense of humor

• Be approachable open up with hi I am your name. Second don't talk about confrontation until the time is right. Third throw in flirtatious comments or compliments. And no cheesy pick up lines unless you say jk or it is really sweet.

• That site is a total sham I wouldn't waste my time.

• Pof? Maybe? Me and my friends have used it. It's really easy to meet people off that site, I would say a little too easy.. So be careful. Meet people only during the day in a public place. I think you are doing everything right so I don't understand why the ladies aren't wanting to meet up. Sometimes people on plenty of fish are perverts so just watch out and make sure you talk to the right people. Get to know people on dating sites more before meeting them, just to make sure they aren't weirdos lol

• dating sites are so much easier for girls than guys to meet people because guys will say yes a lot easier than girls will

• True true but pof has got good ratings

What Guys Said 4

• Unfortunately, it's all about numbers. By that I mean, the number of women you are corresponding with at the same time. (not phone #'s). The more women you chat with, the better at it you'll be, and the less you'll care if one or two flake on you. Keep trying to meet new ones, and keep up the conversations with the regulars. OKCupid is pretty good, chicks on POF are pretty bad, OKCupid is much better, but, some chicks on there are just looking for attention, NOT to date. Sad but true. Just be yourself, don't give everythign away in the first few conversations, ask a lot of questions, keep a small notebook of their responses so you can bring it back up in another convo in case you forget. Like, hey, how was that movie you saw last week? Chicks will be flattered you remembered. I'd say, don't ask too early, I'd say wait longer. Maybe you're coming off as too desperate. Good Luck.

• Ask to meet online way sooner.

You're not doing anything wrong, just tons of people on 'dating' sites are just looking to flirt online.

Ask sooner.

• Girls on there tend to be more shallow then in person. They only want super models, body builders, or whatever. They will tend to be even more superficial and picky since the site is free. Pay sites tend to give you a bit more success since the users have to pay and tend to be more serious. Lots of women use it as an ego boost.

• Let me give you an example of a profile that does not work. Bullseye823.