Would you rather be asked if a guy can call you, or text you?

Pretty straightforward, maybe it's an age thing, maybe it's not. I've got older female friends who text more than the freshmen college girls I see in class.

I have been told to text someone, but it made me wonder what the hell I'm supposed to text? Used to be that was girlfriend/boyfriend stuff w/me - the sext or the God I'm bored at work notification...

What's the usual getting to know you text situation? I'd feel odd asking if someone would meet me somewhere (especially since the last time I tried it flopped) in a text...

Humor an old man, clue me in.

Most Helpful Girl

• tee hee. people definitely set up dates and stuff via text. also the more heavy texters will hold small talk-type conversations. I babysat for this one lady who I think thought she was really cool for being able to text so much haha, and she would arrange all the babysitting stuff via texts. I don't really like setting that sort of thing up via text, but it happens. I guess I'll call a friend to set up a time to hang out if there's going to be much of a discussion about what times work or where we'll go. If I'm pretty sure they'll be up for something, I'll send a text asking about a specific time and place. Obviously not hard and fast rules, but maybe that helps! haha

What Girls Said 5

• HAHAHA well I'm 24 and still can't keep up with my generations. Just please stick with talking on the phone! Maybe its me but I can't stand txting more than 5 words lol. It wouldn't be bad if you already were on a date and txting something like I'm here blah blah so you don't have to call- or when your at work for her to text you something sexy I mean that's all I use it for other than that we still talk and when friends text me a paragraph I tx back you want 2 talk than call lol- texting is just suppose to be a brief damn I can't wait for you to get home or meet me here I have a surprise I don't know but I'm sure you'll get a lot responses on this just do it the normal way and put the phone to you ear! lol take care

• Haven't you heard? text is the new talk :D

Do it as if you're really talking. Women, if they're not in a serious relantionship, sometimes prefer text messages to make sure they think through what they're saying, give the right answer or just to have a chill out conversation that doesn't require full attention and allows you to do other things or talk to other friends at the same time (even work at the same time).

And you wouldn't ask someone to ask you by text unless you a) know her already or b) have been texting her for some time now (days, not hours)

• I always felt like if a guy wasn't looking for a relationship, he only contacts via text. Not all guys though.

• Im not a phone person but I do texting even if I find it the most impersonal thing in the world and don't want something I say to come off wrong. If the guy takes time to call I don't mind the phone, but otherwise I really don't know what to say phone or text wise a good amount of time.

• Text me...then we will work it up to calling if I like you enough.

What Guys Said 0