How often should the girl pay?

I'm used to being in relationships where the guy has probably payed 90% of the time whenever we go out. the only times I pay is when I offer to pay, but no guy has ever given me a hard time about it. I recently have been dating a guy that literally just pushed the check to me after breakfast one morning, it was completely rude, but I guess it was his way of hinting that I should probably offer to pay more. when we talked about it, he said that in most of his relationships it always been a 50/50. he also admitted that he just couldn't afford paying most of the time when we go out. I know that there's no right or wrong answer, every relationship is different and each couple does what works best for them but I'm just looking for feedback.

Most Helpful Guy

• The girl should pay when she wants to, otherwise it's not really something to worry about too much.

What Guys Said 7

• Women can work these days and do. Any girl that doesn't want to pay 50/50 after we've been going out for a while will be dumped. Freeloading is massively unsexy. I'm not a fan of eating out in the first place, so if a girl wants to do it, she can pay for it.

• If you feel it is right and proper that guys should pay for your company. Then keep on as you have been doing. But don't expect the average guy to respect your independence and integrity any more for it.

• First couple of dates the guy pays, but the girl offers. Third date either the girl can pay or if it's a movie then like the guy buys the tickets and she buys the popcorn or something. After that it's 50/50.

• My opinion: join us in the 21st century and pay half the time. Unless you or him propose a date night (in which case, that person pays), then there's no reason for you to not help out.

• i think it should be 50/50

• It should be 50/50 in humble opinion.

• 50/50 I feel is the best way. Guys easily go broke when were always paying for sh*t.

What Girls Said 5

• Pushing the check to you was pretty f***ed up. He should have discussed that with you prior to getting breakfast. I have been in relationships where the guy has paid most of the time, where I have paid most of the time, and where it was 50/50. It really all depends on the two of you.

• We are engaged and living together now so what's his is mine and what's mine is his. When we first starting dating I would probably pay for one out of 5 meals/dates. If I guy shoved a check at me that may very well be our last date. How rude and unromantic, geesh. He really enjoys spending money on me. It pays off, he got the MWF version XBOX for Christmas for being so wonderful, he's spoiled :-)

• Instead of just pushing the check to you he should've simply said " I actually don't have much money on me this time, do you mind paying?" what an inconsiderate dbag.

• As often as she can afford afterall she's eating too. Women scream double standard or inequality all the time and it works both ways. At least offer some guys will insist on paying but the offer won't go unnoticed/appreciated

• This is the right answer, it depends on you guys. Generally I like them to pay at first, but after they've charmed me and if they're sweet, I actually like to pay a fair amount for them as a way to show affection.