How confident and interesting do I need to be to attract a girl?

Every time I like a girl, it seems like being myself is never good enough.

From all the advice I get, I've been led to believe that I need to be super interesting and super confident.

So what now? Why does it need to be so complicated?

And I'm talking CONVERSATION. How INTERESTING am I SUPPOSED to be :S

Most Helpful Girl

• In most cases, if you feel confident, then you will appear interesting by default. That is, if you believe in what you are doing and you like yourself, then other people will want to hear what you have to say/present about yourself. It's basic marketing -- believe in the product...

• Ok, but when I feel that way, I still don't have success with women. I'm a good looking guy and I don't go for super models. I like average girls and stillllllllllllll...

• Why do I need to seem like the coolest person ever?

• I'm saying that you have to have complete confidence in yourself. Often times, when we're trying to date, we get too caught up in what another person wants or needs from us...and suddenly we don't feel good enough for them, and the seeds of insecurity start to take root in our hearts and shift our priorities like weeds in a garden. You need to measure yourself by your own standard of good/bad, suitable/attractive/etc. You have to acknowledge that you're the BEST YOU and people deserve you...

What Girls Said 6

• There's no reason not to be yourself. This is probably irrelevant but I'm currently not with my boyfriend of two years because I got so sick of him being under confident, he'd always be like "why do you want me you can have any guy I'm not good enough" and it was EVERY SINGLE DAY so I just couldn't take it anymore. He's more than good enough for me he's just not good enough for himself. Don't be like that. This probably didn't help lol but make the girl think that you want to talk to her but don't annoy her. Girls tend not to like clingy guys. And interesting enough to keep the conversations going without awkward pauses and interesting enough that she wants to engage in a nice conversation with you

• There's no levels you either have it or nnot

• What are you talking about

• You have to at least be moderatly confident and interesting to sustain a relationship. Do you keep hanging out with friends because they're boring or because they are fun? You have to know what you want out of life, and know that this person is someone you want to be with for some time. You need to have goals.

• Sorry, this wasn't really what I was looking for.

• You might as well try it

• We'll have to wait and see, but I'm not expecting much.

• Well there has to be something there to attract a girl. I usually gravitate toward funny guys. I just wanna be around guys who make me laugh and their personality is to joke around 24/7. But some girls like a smart guy or sporty guy or sometimes the shy quiet guy will attract a girls attention. I think just don't over think it too much.

• I don't get it. I ALWAYS have a sense of humour and like to make people laugh. And still girls DON'T gravitate toward me. I ALWAYS initiate conversation too.

• Money does all that for ya

• Just don't be too shyit can come off as boring

What Guys Said 5

• To be "interesting", you basically need to talk about things that interest you and that you're passionate about. So if you suddenly find a topic you're both interested in, then it'll most likely be an interesting conversation, hence, she'll think you're interesting!

But as far as conversation goes, no need to really be "interesting" to connect with a girl ( although it helps ) you just need to ask questions. Questions about her that get her to open up. And not "yes and no" questions.

Confidence in conversation is pretty much about how you "own your words". Which I guess you could say is saying things that you mean, not things that you think the other person wants to hear. Basically not giving a sh*t...

• It all really depends on the type of girl you want.

If you want a very attrative girl, or girl who has a lot of guys hiting on her. odds are she would like somebody who is very sociable, outgoing, who has a good job and does something different and interesting.

If she is somebody who doesn't get as much attention at all, then she is much more likely to have "different" standards. She may or may not be necessarily ugly. I have seen some very atttrative, quiet women and they usually crave men who are similar as them, as the more outgoing, over confident ones almost always scares them. She may be the kind of girl who doesn't like to go out as much and enjoys time together watching TV with you or even play video games as well.

All of that really depends on the girl.

• If you want to be interesting in conversations, you would have to buy yourself some books and do some studying. It is a verty broad topic that we cannot tell you right here over the internet.

• be yourself dude

• "Every time I like a girl, it seems like being myself is never good enough."

First sentence :P

• be yourself is a shi"**y advice that works on 1% of girls .. I was myself for quite a long time and only one girl liked me and I screwed up .. then I started using some techniques -i read about in dating blogs- and most of them worked .. or at least gave me the satisfaction I need with women