Parents...Friends...Boyfriend

Okay so I'm starting a new school in September and because of that my parents have given me rules, and the main rule is that I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend until I turn 17 which is not that far away because my birthday is in February. The other day I was camping at the lake with one of my friends and we were hanging out with this guy that I know but not really well. The friend I'm camping with likes him.. ALOT! Yesterday, I was talking to him through text and calling. He eventually asked me out and I said yes. My friend pretty much hates me now because the same thing happened with my last boyfriend because she liked him too. I really like this guy and I really badly want to tell my parents that I have a boyfriend, but I'm scared of what they are going to say. I want to be honest with them. He doesn't even go to my new school so I don't see the problem. But I hate lying to my parents! What am I supposed do with my friend? She hates my guts! And what do I do about telling my parents? Please someone help me!?

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't tell your parents just yet because things might not work out between you and then you'd have gotten into trouble for almost no reason, however if things start to get more serious and you do really like each other then I think you have no choice other than to tell your parents. Try to explain to them you know what the rule is but you are growing up and becoming more responsible and as long as it doesn't interfer with school you don't see the problem especially as he doesn't go to your school. Be open with them and tell them when you are going to see him, also letting your parents meet him might make them relax a bit more about the whole situation.

As for your friend I've had similar issues in the past although I was in your friends situation not yours, I liked this guy quite a lot but when he asked me out I didn't feel readyfor a relationship just yet as I had just finished with another guy, however two days later I found out my best friend was going out with this guy she knew I liked.

I don't think she did it on purpose but it hurt all the same but we talked things through after a few bitching sessions and sorted it all out. Your friend probably feels a bit insecure too now as you've got the boy she liked, maybe taking her out for some girlie shopping time would help her with her self confidence and make her realize that she can get guys too

• Thankyou! Although I cannot make her too upset with bitching at her because she threatened to tell my parents about my boyfriend, that's why I'm so scared.

What Guys Said 3

• First, if you had bfs, before, new rule because of new school. You need to know why your parents put you on boyfriend hold for 6 months.

Then, what does he want...be a friend? Then you friend him, parents and your girlfriend happy. He wants bf/gf, then work out some rules you will follow, tell your folks, try to cut some kind of deal.

Don't lie to them. In 6 months, they have time to figure it out, you could get ratted out.

Main thing is to try and cut a deal...

• " the main rule is that I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend until I turn 17 "

Not very realistic, since this one seems to be your second boyfriend.

• only because I'm starting a new school...

• Indeed: you're used to have one, thus when losing him because you're starting a new school you quickly replace him (which is VERY human!)

• I think you should tell them, they'll appreciate your honesty.

What Girls Said 1

• About your Friend, Let her be MAD. she not a friend if she's not supporting you with this guy, if she likes him too, who cares you can't force anyone to date anymore unless the feeling is mutual. About your parents Just wait a while to tell them, maybe after your Bday that way you don't break any rules and don't have problems woth them now.