How do I become a better girlfriend?

My boyfriend recently mentioned he wished things were similar to the time we first started going out. The part where we are head over heels for each other and do things to make them happy. Lately he thinks we have become comfortable and don't do the same things we used to do. I'm by sure how I can make myself go back to the way we were when we first started out. So much has happened for us to get where we know everything. I just want to make him happy. What can I do to bring back that first time feeling for both of us?

Thank you everyone for helping me. All the advice really helps I have taken into consideration every single post!

Most Helpful Guy

• The first thing you need to understand is that it works both ways. You're not the only one who has to work to make things better...he has to work at it too.

What you're going through is normal. Of course in the beginning of relationships everything is completely exciting because you don't know what to expect and everything is new. Now that youve been together for a while, it turns into routine and boring.

The key is to keep things "new." Surprise him with romantic gestures. Do something out of the ordinary that will completely throw him off his guard. Do something with him that he enjoys that he thinks you never would do with him. You know him best...you can come up with something.

Like I said, he has to do the same...if you find yourself making all the effort to make things better and he's doing nothing to improve things, such as doing romantic things for you, etc, he might be completely happy going through the motions so to speak.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

What Guys Said 5

• Well I am sure more men like the one below me will suggest you just be his sex slave, just the way this site seems to be.

What you were in was the honeymoon phase, the novelty, the thrill of meeting each other. Hate to tell you, the only way to really get that back is meeting new people. It's okay to be comfortable, just be good to each other, respect each other, and do new things together. Go back and do some of the same things that you enjoyed.

• We are human beings, we gather information, that is how we mature, get wiser, get smarter, get better.

Start reading romantic books maybe? It sounds cheesy, but a book is better than watching tv. You will gain a lot of information, and you can use this information to be a better girlfriend.

• blow him all the time!

• You should just give him some space.

• That happens to most, if not all couples. You've just got to make new experiences, try to connect in new ways, relationships take effort!

What Girls Said 2

• Do spontaneous/romantic things for him like a random full body massage with massage oils. Go somewhere together you've never been before.

Maybe ask him what exactly he wants to do.

• It has been the same for me recently, an I have been trying to figure it out. What I have been trying was to go out to places that you have never been to and you might not have thought you would have liked ( but not too out of the comfort zone). But do not force him to do it, make sure you gve him a positive uplift to make him think it will be an optimistic experiance! Yourwelcome and good luck! :)