Would you ever be willing to learn Sign Language for someone you wanted to date?

If you met someone who was deaf or Hard-Of-Hearing, and only knew sign language, would you be willing to learn sign language to be able to get to know them better?

• Yes
    73% (8)70% (7)71% (15)Vote
  • No (tell why in answers?)
    18% (2)10% (1)14% (3)Vote
  • It depends (tell why in answers?)
    9% (1)20% (2)15% (3)Vote
  • I already know Sign Language
    0% (0)0% (0)0% (0)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
7|7

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. I'll admit that I'd have a difficult time dating someone who is completely deaf. But I was good friends with someone who is hard of hearing (requires a hearing aid) and I wanted to learn sign language from them.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 6

• I tried to. A girl I knew had a deaf daughter. I tried to take a class. Apparently I'm not too quarantined with my hands & fingers. The teacher kept hitting them telling me that's sloppy, like eating with your mouth full.

I was trying. Sadly I just gave up.

Her Mom helped me some general things as simple as Hi ( yes just putting your hand up & waving) how are you, what's new. Things like that. Her daughter was so fast her Mom would tell me what she was saying.

A real chatty Cathy with her hands.

1|0
    0|0
  • I the woman I was really interested in, and she was interested in me, hell yeah.

I'm trying to learn Chinese so my wife and I can talk to each other, better. Learning sign language would be no different.

1|0
    0|0
  • If that's a love-from-the-first-sight then sure, for her I could do it, but if it's just a date then no.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope cause I had a bad experience with it once, and I wouldn't care enough about that person.

1|0
    0|0
  • yep

1|0
    0|0
  • Oh yes, actually I've always wanted to learn anyways!

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 7

• I'm actually planning to learn some basic sign language because of the career path I'm going into. But at my age, I don't think I'd get very far or remember is unless I stuck to it. I learned that the hard way with Spanish, which I'm also taking over again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely(:

I've always thought it was interesting anyway to be able to speak with hands =D

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I dated a guy who was deaf(not completely deaf,mind you)and started to learn it,but gave up once we broke up.

1|0
    0|0
  • Sure.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, ofcourse.

1|0
    0|0
  • I picked A.

1|0
    0|0
  • Well I want to learn it regardless so yeah..

1|0
    0|0