How to text your crush without ruining anything?

So, I have my crushes number, and I want to text him, but I don't know what to text him. He never personally gave me his number, I got it from someone else, so I don't want to creep him out. He is also a co worker, and my boss' son. I kind of what to be mysterious but I know eventually he'd figure out who I am. I want to tell him I like him but I don't want to make things awkward. What should I text him? Should I reveal my identity right away? I don't want him to come to work and ask me why I texted him either. I just want to start a casual conversation. Should I say I got a new phone, and transfer all my numbers? ANY advice would be HUGELY appreciated! :)

What Guys Said 1

• Don't worry about it, say you got a new phone.

What Girls Said 1

• Text him saying "Hey this is ___, I got a new phone and all of my contacts transferred, who is this?' And he'll say 'Oh OK its Bob (or whatever xP)' then say "Oh hey! How are you?"

And there's a convo started.