Ladies how long does it take you to form a first impression?

I talked to two girls outside my apartment complex the other night and they were both laughing at a lot of what I said. As a guy that has often had no real success with women this was new territory to me. We had a few alcohol (theirs) and the topic turned to sex and how their roommate is (allegedly) a total slut. They joked that I must be scoring with a lot of different women since we live in Japan.

I've recently been hitting the gym a lot and dressing more sharp since I got a new job. I hugged them both good night and on Facebook the one girl invited me to her part-time work, where I made small talk during closing time then walked her back to where we live. I tried to act sort of macho, detached and cool and ended up tripping over my own foot as I walked away.

I am worried that my inexperience will come through and that women will see that I am still a virgin at age 27 and not a "real man".

Most Helpful Girl

• It takes less than a minute.

What has having sex got to do with being a "real man"? I never really understood why men panic so much about being virgins, we are all/were once, it's really not that big a deal.

Although I can understand you being a bit embarrassed by the tripping over thing, it sounds like she had a good time, so I really doubt that made any real difference.

What Girls Said 9

• Not long at all.

• First of all tripping doesn't change anyone's opinion on anything and also I don't think people can sense that you're still a virgin.

Also I make first impressions very quickly and they're usually wrong, which is why if I get to know someone I don't judge them by my first impression.

• 5 minutes..because I am indecisive when it comes to forming quick opinions about people.

• Seconds

• It's within seconds really. If she likes you it doesn't matter if you tripped.

I'm more curious as to why you think being cold and detached makes you manly...

• About 10 seconds!

• A second duh

• I do it without words

• seconds, but first impressions may not always be correct, people can surprise you

What Guys Said 1

• It takes 3 mins. The only way to become a real man is to practice, so you're on the right track.