Do guys get butterflies too?

When I see my crush my heart starts pounding really fast, I get a feeling like there are butterflies in my stomach, and my mind just goes blank. Do guys feel this too or is this just a girl thing?

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh we definitely do get butterflies. I hate it lol

What Guys Said 5

• I remember when I spent a summer out of touch with the girl I was in love with (unrequited) at the end of the summer, I saw her and it felt like all of my internal organs jumped towards her and slammed against the inside of my chest. Never forget that feeling.

• I still get them around my girlfriend of 4 years, so yeah I can definitly speak for myself when I say we do.

• Heck yeah! Well I have, and I've known some other guys who told me they have anyway.

• Not me. I'm usually relaxed around girls I like. The more I tend to like them, the more chemistry we tend to have and it just seems easy. When I'm alone and think about some of the things they have said or done then I get the heart pound feeling, but I've never got the stomach thing. That's a result of fight or flight reactions in favor of flight. You are nervous about them so they are perceived as a threat. =P

• not really. a feeling of positive anticipation maybe but not scared at all.

What Girls Said 1

• haha this is so unromantic but instead of butterflies I get nauseous and almost vomit. It's so awful!