I've never understood this about guys?

So my guy cousin gave me a car. I don't even know what type of car or the name of it but its a stick shift and from 1993. I think its okay. But my brother (15) got attached to it real quick. He washed the inside hella good, took the sits out and everything. Washed it from the outside and used vinegar to get rid of water spots on the windows. He wants to drive all the time. He is better than me... I kill it even when trying to take off :/ and when my girl cousin said the car was ugly he was like bitch get out of my car then. Lol in a joking manner of course. So the point is why do you guys like your car so much?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its just somthing about being a guy, just as girls ma be addicted to buying new shoes or handbags guys can become obsessed with stuff too. Cars are what define a lot of guys, they are a symbol of our personality and style as well as status in society. A guy that is cut and clean and that takes care of his car; keeping it clean also is certainly concerned with his outward appearance vs a guy with a crappy car that doesn't dress nice. For some guys its competition too and for most its just the pride of owning your own set of wheels.

What Guys Said 9

• Vehicles excite every innate male desire.

Power, speed, direction, orienteering, exploration, beauty, grace, engineering, order, utility, and transport.

Our driving ability is as dear to our gender as the ability to communicate affect is to the feminine gender.

Thus, anyone who violates the sanctity of our vehicles can walk home.

• Because a car is a mechanical object. Men love things like that. It's like a project within itself.

It's kind of like how women like cuddly objects.

• There a lot of things that fascinate me so much that I can kind of turn into your brother. It's just kinda in my brain. I really can't explain it. It's a desire to fix things up and look at the work I did and be proud and use it as a trophy.

• I don't like carsthat much but...

He must of grown up around cars and was fascinated by the beauty of it.

• It's not like we're all wired to liek the same things, some guys like dressing up as much as some girls like cars.

• Well it's partly because older cars are better. I own a 1992 Lexus LS400 with its original engine and I love it. It's going to die soon (169,000 miles on it) but it runs great other than the fact that it's got some minor problems.

• Why do girls love their pets so much?especially cats?

• I have never been into cars and do not get why some people are obsessed with them. It's a vehicle to take me from point a to point b, that's it.

• Its just one of those things.

• Anyone that is getting a free ride somewhere that talks sh*t about your car can get out and walk... If someone is doing you a favor you don't talk trash about them. That's just common respect. As far as the cleaning, well he was just taking care of the car. You have to maintain a car just like you have to maintain anything else.

What Girls Said 2

• i think it's because girls are allowed to be excited about shoes, clothes, makeup, or stuff they get to decorate their house. Not all girls are into that stuff, some are into music or other things, but I think guys really like having those few guy things to be really into.

For example, lots of guys love cars, sports stuff, or electronics.

Of course, there are guys who love clothes, shoes, sunglasses, games, and music, too, but I think a lot of guys are really into cars the way some girls are super into handbags.

• Men are overgrown children. They love toys. :]

Car = Big Toy. :]