Guy what is your reaction when a girl looks at you and smiles?

Of course a smile is nice but do you feel that that's a potential opening to a conversation? does a girl with a neutral face scare you or make you more nervous? Does it make a difference?

And if catch a girl's eye will you only talk to her if she smiles at you? Or if you were ACTUALLY interested would you initiate conversation ANYWAY regardless of facial expression?

Most Helpful Guy

• If she smiled at me, it would make me more interested. Chances would be greater for me to initiate contact with you.

What Guys Said 12

• This actually happened to me last night while I was at the 24 hour fitness. So I was doing my sets and this girl, she came into my line of vision and because she went get on the cycle. So she was cycling and she was very beautiful and I thought I've seen her somewhere before because she looked familiar. I also saw her the last time I came to the 24 hour fitness but didn't say anything. When I got done finishing my sets I thought I'd be slick and walk towards the place where the treadmills were at so I could get a better look at her. So while I was walking to the treadmill, I caught a glimpse of her and somehow she noticed me and looked back and smiled at me so that gave me the signal to go talk to her so I smiled back and went up to her. We talked and she was my senior when I was a freshman in high school. She was my freshman orientation leader. It was good seeing her. She was already engaged when I first met her when I was a freshman. She's married now and she's turning 21 this year.

• If she is smiling at me, I'll assume she isn't smiling at me. I'll be like "no, she's not smiling at me =o... she can't be". Then I'll look around, see no one else nearby and I would continue to assume she is just smiling.

If she smiles I'd probably just smile back.

• Maybe, it would depend on the situation and place where we looked at each other. I might say something but more often than not I wouldn't do anything... I don't think her smiling can mean a lot since a lot of girls play with guys too...thats just my opinion tho, not tryn to offend

• No offense taken I just want different guys opinions on how much of a difference a smile makes in how you view a girl there's no right or wrong answer thanks for sharing your opinion with me!

• makes me wonder if she is just smiling and looking at me just out of friendliness, flirtiness, or trying to give me the "Green Light" for me to approach her because she is interested in me, it's tough to distinguish the difference, so I just say to myself "f*** it, I'll find out for myself" although it can be frustrating

• If a girl made eye contact with me and smiled, I would probably just assume she thought I was attractive. That's it. I wouldn't do anything about it.

• I'm not really good at reading non-verbal cues, but if I do get a smile, I think she at least wants to be my friend if not more, so I take that as an opportunity to talk to her. Of course, I'd have to find a safe, common topic for us.

• that has never happened to me lol

• i feel very happy about it.

• If a girl has a poker face, yeah that makes you quite nervous even if she is attractive.

I look for an opening to initiate conversation. If she doesn't smile at me, I need to have some other reason to go over and talk to her. An excuse. Also if a girl just glances at me, I have no way of knowing that she was actually looking at me. Often I think a girl is looking at me and then I realize she is probably looking at someone else.

• Well if a girl takes glances at me frequently, I think she might just happened to be looking in my area for some reason, even if she looks in my eyes, this to me is not signals so I'll just think to myself why she is doing it, never act on it. If the same girl smiled at me while glancing sometimes, that would change everything and make me feel more welcome to talk to her, which is something I don't really do. It would take more then a single smile for me to make a move and act on it. I'm shy and doubtful person when it comes to that.

• To be frankly honest, if a girl ever even did that, I'd probably start getting red in the face and actually avoid her out of nervous reaction -_- it's actually quite pathetic

• Hate to admit it but that's exactly what I do most of the time :/

• This actually happened to me last Friday night. I was at a club and this really pretty girl gave me the eye and smiled, but I was so shocked because this never happens to me and subsequently I blew it. I feel that it's a great way, in fact the best way, to open up a conversation. I take neutral faces as the person being indifferent. Smiling makes a huge difference and definitely would put people at ease. I only initiate conversation if she has inviting facial expression (eye contact and a smile) and body language (open BL).

• Hmm interesting I know if I had gotten up the courage to share eyes with a stranger I know I would've wanted them to talk to me...I'm glad to know guys do pick up on tht tho...but what would have given you more confidence to talk to her, longer eye contact maybe?

• She did enough. I did talk to her, but I wasn't composed enough. The problem was on my end .

• Aaaaaaah OK I see!

What Girls Said 0