What is this guy thinking? Is he serious?

OK, this guy asked me out on Valentine's day and used cheesy pick up lines like "Do you have a band-aid because I hurt my knee when I feel for you?". Then he introduced me to his friends, which helped him in making me think he was serious. (I thought he was joking, like that prank in high school where a guy pretends to like a girl). After a month, he told his friend that I was his girlfriend when we weren't even dating and told him "She digs me". During tennis practice, he used the "go make me a sandwich" joke. He asked me to prom on one knee (like he was proposing to me but it was probably because of my small height). The girls team tease me about him saying he doesn't do this to any other girl but he's waiting for the right one and our coach would be like "(his name), control your woman" or "(my name), I hear you have his picture on your bedroom wall". He teases me a lot too. Everyone says that he is serious but I wasn't sure if they were part of the joke. My sister and his sister said that he was joking. And no, his sister does not hold a grudge against me. so, what do you think? Is he serious? Please state why or why not.

• Yes, he's serious!
  • Nope, it's a joke. He's just not that into you.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think he's serious. He just doesn't seem to take things seriously. What's wrong with that? Everybody is just so f***ing serious all the time about love, when love should be about having fun. So what if he does some things to make him look like an idiot. When you really like someone, you don't give a sh*t what anyone else thinks but that person.

What Guys Said 4

• I think he's serious. He likes you.

He's also ~seriously~ immature. These are playground antics between children that you're describing.

• Ask him. We don't know.

No really, you should ask him.

• If you want him to be serious, you can open by saying that you wouldn't mind if he was serious, or that you'd actually like it if he was serious (depending on how forward you want to be).

This still lets him make the move but let's him know clear as day that you're into him.

• Probably serious but he is a bit childish.

• I think he's being serious, don't see why not.

What Girls Said 2

• To be honest that sounds like he's either stupid and doesn't understand what he's doing, or he's messing around.

That doesn't sound like anything any boy who likes you should/would act, at least not in my experience.

He could just not be mature enough to understand that he's making himself (no offense) look like a bit of an idiot with the way he is acting.

• I think he is serious but I'd ask just to be sure