Why did he get mad over me supposedly seeing other guys?

I met this guy online and we've been texting often for about 4 weeks. We've yet to meet up because he's in the navy and every time we plan to go out together, he's on duty. Anyway, today I posted a status on Facebook about guys being a**holes. He send me a text asking who it was about because it couldn't be him and said that I obviously didn't want to meet up if I'm too busy with other people. I replied telling him it wasn't aimed at a particular guy (which it genuinely wasn't) and it launched into a defensive argument on his part. I said that I do want to meet him but he's always busy, to which he said that it's me who's always busy. I told him that I was free last weekend and the weekend before which caused him to reply saying "I was working, I can't help it if I have to work. If you're gonna be like this I'll just leave it. I hate arguing." He's so difficult to read, anyone know why he reacted like this? What should I do now?

Most Helpful Guy

• When you post things like that, people read it and take it personally. Especially if they know you very well.

Think again before you post.

• Thanks for your answer. Do you know what I can do about it now?

• genuinely*

• Give him some time. All will be good.

What Guys Said 4

• You shouldn't get too serious with this guy, he's in the navy so you'll barely get any time to see him. I'm sure there are guys in your area that will be around more.

Also, you know he's the jealous type and that's not cool.

• Because he's a guy. We get jealous.

• Okay, imagine if he posted "girls be bitches and sluts". And you found how he was dating other guys, or you suspected that he was. Sounds like a guy you'd fall in love with, right? :P

• You instigated it, is it any wonder he reacted like that

• Can you elaborate please? I'm not sure how I instigated it. Any idea how I can mend it?

What Girls Said 0