Is this women a bitch or do women really think like this?

My friend had just lost his father, he had to leave the state to take care of his fathers estate. when he came back he told us about his week and all the troubles he had to go thur. he was talking to me and his girlfriend, his mom came home and she joined in on the convo and as my friend told a story about how he found a photo of him and his father he started to tear up and cry a little him and his mom both teared up and there voices cracked. later his girlfriend and I where talking and she basically said she feels his less of a man for crying in front of her. I was shocked I didn't know how to respawned I wanted to slap this sh*t outta this bitch but held back, didn't need anymore drama in that moment. it's not like he was sobbing but even if he was his father just died. is she just a bitch or do women really think like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think that way at all.

If my boyfriend is going through something like that, he has every right to cry. I've been with my boyfriend for three months and he has cried once in front of me. It was when he was telling me a story about his brother and how much he missed him when he was away (they were separated for a year and are really close).

I didn't think it made him less of a man at all. I thought it was sweet that he was comfortable enough to open up to me about it. He is kinda a "tough guy" and was embarrassed about it, but I actually found it very attractive to see his soft side.

Especially with something so tragic as the loss of a father - there is absolutely NO reason he shouldn't cry. I know I don't know this woman, but I agree with you that she sounds like a bitch.

I think some women can't handle men crying because it puts us in the role of "comforter", whereas women are used to being comforted by their men. I think it is healthy to have to switch roles sometimes. If she lost someone she loved, she would need the support of her boyfriend, and she should be stepping up and supporting him all the same. Instead of insulting him, she should be comforting him, even something so small as touching his shoulder to let him know that it's okay to cry, and that she is there for him through this time.

What Girls Said 6

• Is this women a bitch or do women really think like this?

Both as she may be a b*tch and some gals do think that way. Though thinking a guy is less than a man for crying isn't a gender thing exclusive to gals as many guys think that way as well thanks to the patriarchial masculine image.

• the just just lost his dad, crying is a normal thing. why would she think he is less of a man for crying after his father died. I think it's f***ed up if all women think this way, no man can cry ever for no reason in front of a women? I think she's a bitch in fact I think any who agrees with her is a bitch. losing a parent is hard man or women, but basicly calling the dude a p**** because he cryed after lossing one of the very people that made him. is really f***ed up.

• I highly doubt all gals think the same way that gal does as gals aren't a hive mind. As well as there are few things a group unanimously agrees on.

I know a guy who thinks gals deserved to be raped that doesn't mean all guys or guys in general think that way.

It's not f*cked up to me if someone calling a guy a p*ssy because he cried. It's f*cked up to me that they're using p*ssy as an insult as it suggests having a p*ssy is a negative or being less than.

• Who cares even if he was full on sobbing, it makes him no less of a man, he lost his dad for crying out loud. She is a cold-hearted bitch. She deserves a slap. If I was his mom, I would have done it.

• She's a bitch, but not all woman are bitches. The poor guy just lost his father, and of course anybody would cry if they lost someone they were close to.

• Most of them have been taught to think men shouldn't show emotions, so you can't totally blame her. Still, she obviously hasn't grown up enough to know this is one of those WRONG stereotypes.

You should have slapped some sense into her.

• Is she a bitch? HELL YES! Are all women bitches? SOME, you can add me to the list though^.^

• NO, women do not think like that. She was obviously a bitch because a real woman wouldn't think of her boyfriend as less than a man for crying. If anything she would comfort him not talk bad about him for crying.

What Guys Said 0