What do you think of this text?

For the past two weeks, my boyfriend has been acting really cold and distant and since it was getting increasingly worse, I now haven’t heard ANYTHING from him for 8 days. He is usually incredibly sweet and loving. He has been pulling back from our relationship recently and I know something’s up, but I have no idea what as I can’t get through to him in any way whatsoever and its driving me crazy . .

I think things have been a little intense (we were literally lovebirds on top of the world together). He could want some space, I am just guessing, something else could be wrong. I never once imagined him wanting us to be apart or doing this – it really hurts and I can’t understand it, we had so many plans, things were going amazingly, he was my dream.

I have given him space for 8 days now. I have given up trying to contact him for the past week because I never once got anything back. I feel really bad about this though. I know I should wait for him to contact me, but I feel like I should reach out to him, I just care too much. This is the text I was thinking of sending him:

'Alex, you can always lean on me if you need to, and I will be here for you . . . we support each other, we look out for each other . . the two of us, we’re a team – remember?.

I guess if I’m the problem, then I will make changes for the better of us. . it’s safe to say I’ve been way too demanding and asked too much of you and I’m sorry.

I truly care for you and whatever’s wrong, however big or small it may be – it’s okay, and it will always be okay with me, because I love you and it doesn’t matter as long as you’re okay. xxx '

Most Helpful Guy

• R you kidding me?..never send that first line.

try that

"hey dear, I m sorry if I've done anything which makes you upset. I know I've been very demanding and asked too much of you. I think I've never realized that before. I really love you and want you to be happy. I m really worried about u. U've not said anything since last week.

I wish that u'd share if any problem comes between us. And I don't know how much can I do to resolve the issues but I will promise that I'll try with all my heart. Even if you need time you take it but please at least tell me what this is all about. I promise I won't bother you again if you don't wish to talk to me...love you forever."

What Guys Said 5

• No no no, texting is a huge mistake when something like this is happening. Very informal and despite being vey heartfelt I don't feel as of the emotion and care you have for this guy shine through as much as they would with a call or maybe seeing him in person. If you're serious about this guy, try calling him. It would be way better because then you can pickup on his emotion and share feelings easier and work stuff out. Shit gets lost over text and in my experience texing is just more distancing than anything else. Trust me... Call

• bcoz honey...what could be the ultimate thing to say to someone whom you love...that you can let him go for his happiness. and besides that first line was more like have a movie's dialogue feel. I must say other two lines are good. But I would never go with the first line you said.

• to much texting, to little real life.

Maybe he's down in a deep depression. Maybe he is in jail. Maybe he is in hospital.

Go find your guy and find out.

• I think that text is very heartfelt.

• It's a great text, if you were sending it to a quiet girlfriend who had distanced herself.

It's a terrible text to send a guy who has pulled back because he wanted some space.

Honestly, your best bet is to say nothing. Give him another 6 days (making two weeks in total)

You probably won't need to give him the whole six, but mentally, be prepared to give him the full six.

You can send that text on day 14 if you haven't heard from him. (You will, so you won't have to send it.)

What Girls Said 4

• Why is my boyfriend putting me through this?

Likely he's rethinking whether he wants to remain in the relationship and whether the intensity and you are worth all the gals he could be with.

Is this text I'm thinking of sending him okay?

Not in my opinion it's probably best suited if you wait for him to contact you.

• you go text that message girl. its the most that you can do. do it or you will regret it for the rest of your life. if you still haven't got a reply then let it rest. at least you have done your part.if he comes back out of the blue then you decide when th

at happens

• Wait for him to contact you. I agree with the anon person, he will contact you sooner or later if he truly cares about this situation & about your feelings.

• I would def not recommend you to send that text. He has sort of withdrawn himself from you on purpose so I think you should give him the time to figure things out. By sending that text you end up pushing him further away from you. Allow him to miss you. If you know what I mean.