How do you know if someone is the one?

I've heard countless times that people fall in love tons of times during their lifetime. But how do you know for sure that you are in love?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know you love them if he makes you smile and you enjoy having his company and you never seem to lose that feeling of enjoying him being around after a few years of dating. Also he'd have to be polite to you and try and do nice things or be romantic cause he wants to woo you over. If you two ever got into an argument, you both would have to be willin to forgive each other and not let a bad day or some silly excuse get in the way.

You'd have butterflies long after you two have been dating and long to spend time with each other. Nothing would seem to lose its touch and you'd appreciate everything he and you did for each other.

Finally you need trust. Not just with if he is cheating, but to be honest with each other and not let jealousy or problems cloud your mind. You need to be able to easily discuss things with your partner rather than bottling it up cause you think the truth won't be too great for them to hear.

Yes I'm only 18 but the key words of Love is Time, Truth, and Hearts :) basically the feeling that he is the one seems to never fade or go astray. However some people don't wait long enough and get married like 2 or 3 years after dating :\

• All I can really say to this is I agree.

• Really? I was hoping for an award or something :\ lol. The thing is that no two people are the same, but some of us can be similar so the "one" is just a type of personality you are compatible with and all you need to do is weed out the guys who are using that personality in a way that you don't like. Shy guys can be rude. Outgoing guys can be bossy. But some shy guys are tiny and romantic and some outgoing guys are respectful and attentive to what you have to say.

What Guys Said 4

• Funny thing about that is you never really CAN know, unless you've managed to spend a lifetime with them.

Personally I do not believe in "the one", that implies that there is only one person in the world we can find happiness with. Given the number of people, the odds of finding that single individual, who may or may not already be in a relationship are overwhelming against you. And suppose your "the one" dies, then what?

I do believe there are many people an individual can find who they can have a lasting fulfilling relationship with, filled with ups and downs, moments of happiness and sadness, peace and conflict.

• If your relationship keeps remaining in good health and neither of you lose interest as the time passes.

• If you spend a long time with him/her :P

• When the past time with them feels like it's been so long.

What Girls Said 2

• relationships, are transient. enjoy their (good) company while it lasts. there's no point in worrying about it. if it works it works, if it doesn't, move on.

• I get a funny tingly filling that rushes through my body all the way to my finger tips, it's really amazing when I think of him. Especially if I see a kiss on TV and I picture it's him and me, I know ridiculous ha ha but it happens. & When I think our relationship might not be possible I get :((( and I feel an emptiness inside of me.