Am I the only one who wants something special anymore?

I'm sure I'm gonna get stick from a lot of guys here but are there still people who want someone special in their lives? Not just people they can have casual relations with, but people who are actually willing to hold out until they find out someone special? I'm thinking of starting to hook up with random girls because it seems as thought something special is either not going to happen, or I am going to be waiting for a mighty long time. It seems as if guys and girls only want to just hook up instead of finding something fulfilling.

Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Most Helpful Girl

• THANK YOU:) I am waiting too! We need to have self respect:) Keep waiting. It will be worth it!

• What if nothing comes? I think people eventually get tired of waiting. Maybe it's just a matter of how much hope you have.

• I just have faith that it will lol idk

What Girls Said 6

• Well you're not ENTIRELY wrong... But you're probably in the wrong age group right now to find 'the one' not to crush your feelings, but there are very few of us left still waiting for 'the one' and you may want to go with the hookups (assuming your a normal male) just until the need for one night stands has blown over in a few years...

• I think everyone wants something special but our generation just doesn't know how to go about finding it. A lot of people engaging in random hookups are lonely and yearn for something more but just don't know how or where to find it. Have you considered: dating outside (above) your age group? Online dating? Banging randoms could have various outcomes. You could find someone special that wants what you want and resorted to casual hookups for the same reason you did. You could start a casual thing and fall for the person that only wants your body (which will suck). You could catch an STD. You could feel worse after. You could realize that casual hookups are enough to keep you satisfied and realize that you're young and when it's time for that special someone to show up they will. All of those things could happen. But to answer your main question: NO WAY, you're not the only person looking for something special. I think you're more in the majority, you're just open about it.

• I agree. I kind of given up on that "someone special" fantasy only because of how I see guys act. Maybe I'm jaded, or maybe I just rather be alone than be with someone not worth being with.

• I'm not looking for "the one" because I don't think "the one" exists. You can have a happy and satisfying life with more than one person. I'm only 21 and have been single my whole life so far. But yes, sometimes I would like to have someone to be with, someone to give my love and affection to, who cares about me and respects me in return. But I won't settle for a hookup. I'm willing to wait a while for someone who is worth being with.

• I think a lot of people want that, it's just the people that don't that get in between the people that do from finding each other

• I think that everyone wants that, I'm in a serious relationship. I see a lot of mutal friends that are single, I believe they want a serious relationship. This question makes me miss my friend.

What Guys Said 1

• You probably won't find that many people on here who get what you're saying.

It's pretty much all about Hedonism these days, fulfilling that impulse and physical desire and kissing everything else that matters to the wayside.

You know, kinda like how monkeys act. Except even dumber.