Why can guys never get a date planned?

I mean I get that most guys don't have a clue what they're going to do until they do it, but its really obnoxious when you get into his car and he says, so what do you want to do?

Even better when you answer with an "I don't care", my go to answer and he gets all nervous like obviously I should have had this all planned out...

Most Helpful Guy

• Never?

To be honest, that happened to me maybe a couple of time, when I wasn't very interested in the girl I went out with...

There actually isn't much to plan... Just the start, later on the date should be able to go wherever my date and I feel like going :P

I dunno, guys probably want to seem cool and nonchalant or something...

What Guys Said 6

• I already have the best date ever planned. At least I would enjoy, not sure if she would. But anyways, those that can't plan a date just aren't leaders.

• See and I don't see what's so wrong with that... If I actually said yes then obviously I enjoy being around him...

• I would plan out a date as I'm pretty good at planning out Cousin's Day where I go to Boston with my cousins. If I can plan that, I can plan a date.

• That's awesome, I mean I don't have any problem with planning it, and if he had asked me to sure why not I guess, it just seems like that would put me in charge of the relationship and what if I pick something to expensive or to cheap or blah blah blah... Me planning just doesn't sound like the right start to anything...

• if it bothers you THAT much, why don't you plan it out instead?

he's asking you cause he's trying for YOU to have fun, not cause he doesn't care what happens.

• Well doesn't that just shoot the whole male dominance in the foot...

• I'd rather him have a backup plan, or an idea of what he'd like to do, instead of stare at me in my driveway wondering what the hell to do now... That's just not fun. If nothing else straight up ask me to plan a date.. That can be respectable..

• well I don't know about anyone else but I think on my feet pretty well.

so I don't see not planning as an issue.

• That's pretty bad showing, but on the other hand, sometimes the random, unplanned dates (like a road trip for example), turn out to be the best.

• This is true, I normally see them go the other way...

• we don't care. kidding, we just get nervous

• Maybe they don't want to make stupid plans you won't like.

What Girls Said 1

• it has always bothered me that guys don't plan out dates/ at least one activity ahead. Makes me think that they don't care about me/ if the date is gonna be good or not. sigh.