Girls have you ever broken up with a boyfriend for another guy?

And were you in a serious relationship with your boyfriend when you broke up with him?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. I love your default id dump my boyfriend for Tyler any day lol

2. Almost did when I was 19 I went back and fourth about it we were only dating a few months so I was in between to keep going or call it quits, but couldn't bring myself to break up and later regretted it a year after me and him broke up which caused me to spend 2 years befriending and trying to rekindle something with the other guy, but now 4 years later realized I made the right decision I had more in common with my ex and I was convincing myself the other guy was the better choice when I was choosing to see what I wanted to see for years where I was basically lied to myself and eventually believed it.

3. I've been the one to be dumped for someone else and that's tough knowing what it's like to be in that situation I understand but I think it's important to do whatever you can to make peace with that other person they're most likely not going to like what you have to say but later will respect you for not being a jerk about it like they were such as bad boyfriend/girlfriend that they practically pushed you into the arms of someone else

• 1. that's f***ed up.

• what is so f up about it? what do you think just because you're in a relationship you're not gonna click with anyone else? That everyone else is going to be ugly now? no! but it's important to weigh out the good and the bad and think who is going to be affected in all of this and is it worth leaving what you have now. I realized it wasn't worth it and stayed with my boyfriend we lasted a year and broke up mutally for other reasons me and him are friends he is engaged with a baby boy

• i'm so happy for him. after our break up I started to think did if I made the right choice all a long but I came to realize I was so inffatuated with this guy there was nothing we had in common and I'm glad I stayed with my ex we werent the best match for each other but he was a great boyfriend and now today I'm glad I stayed with him. it's called human nature and making the right choices

What Girls Said 12

• I haven't had a boyfriend yet, but I don't see that as being the worst thing a person could do, even though the dumpee might be hurt for a while. It's better to end the relationship if you aren't happy than to cheat on the person you're currently with.

• I left a flirtationship..for a relationship

The first would never happen and he understood so no hard feelings and we are good friends still

• Yes. I'd been dating a guy for about two months when my best friend got dumped. He was really broken up about it, and I spent a lot of time with him because he needed someone. We got really close, and my boyfriend didn't really like that. So we broke up.

• Nope

• No. If that is you in the pic come fly out to NJ ;)

• No.

• I hate to say it but yes. The only thing was he was being a jerk about the fact that my best friend was my ex. He also throw a fit when I told him that his gay cousin, the one who introduced us, was also my ex. But the best part had to be when I left him for a women.

• Um...no. I was in a relationship and he wasn't very nice to me. I broke up with him right before my family went on vacation. And on said vacation, I met my current boyfriend.

• Yes I did. I felt really bad at first. Me and my ex were going out for about a month but we were best friends before so it felt like forever, we were serious tho. but I really didn't like him it was only lust.

• Nope

• yes. I broke up with my ex because I wanted to talk to other guys.. not necessarily one guy.

• no but I said no to dating another guy because I still had residual feelings for an ex and I didn't want to lead on and hurt the new guy

What Guys Said 3

• only one thing to say here, since I can't answer properly:

Never date someone that wants to leave who they're with for you.

because chances are, they'll leave you for someone else too.

• that's f***ed up...i can't believe people actually a meet to do that... to all of those girls...f*** you!

• what a pansy.. keep crying since girls don't like you and would easily leave you if you were that boyfriend HAHA

• hmmmmmm whaaaaaaa? do you even know what you are talking about?

• oooo this is going to be interesting