Guys, be honest about this.

How does it make you feel when you first meet a girl and it's totally obvious that she likes you? If I really, really, really like a guy...I'm a blushing, stuttering fool. Honestly, it's something I have no control over, though I've seriously tried to change. I can't help it when he talks to me or looks at me and I get so hot and red and my heart starts beating too fast. I don't know how to act. Sometimes I worry I'll say something stupid so when he asks me a question, my mind goes completely blank and I'll just mumble some reply. And when that happens, it's totally obvious that I like him and he looks at me with this, like...smile, but it's like a "Haha, that's so cute," smile, like he's laughing at me or something and I feel like I can never be taken seriously by guys that I truly admire.

Guys what do you honestly think about this sort of reaction? Is it really endearing or something? Or is it annoying? Would you ever take a girl seriously who couldn't look you in the eye without turning red?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, hopefully you don't judge men for the same reasons you feel nervous.

Let's get started, then:

If you're all blushy and bashful, it's really flattering. Honestly, I couldn't care less about how "suave" women are in that scenario. I understand it's totally human, and I find bashful and nervous to be far more authentic than "suave and smooth". And after all, I would much rather date a human with human fears and human quirks. A suave and smooth woman is probably more likely to be high-maintenance or even psychotic.

It also takes a huge load off for me. It's like, your shyness or nervousness validates it in myself. You're giving me permission to be myself and chill. There are a lot of women who see a man and stare down their noses until a man does something to prove he is worthy of her presence (Pictures a cat: "This amuses me. You have earned an audience with my highness."):

"I shouldn't have to bother myself to approach men" she would say. "They are the ones who should have to show their value, not me."

^Heard this from a woman I know. She no longer stands a chance with me for having an attitude like that.

In fact, I really wonder why so many women seem so hung up on a guy's OUTWARD confidence. If a guy is too outwardly confident, he probably isn't seeing you as a person.

I, on the other hand, understand that until mutual feelings are addressed, things are a little awkward, and there are a lot of butterflies. Only and idiot would think that's weak, pathetic, or less valuable.

So yeah, I would be totally flattered for a girl to be bashful and nervous around me. In fact, it would make her stand out more as a potential romantic partner, and I'd be willing to at least give it a shot, if I'm not already attracted in the first place. I've done it before.

• Thanks. Best answer I've heard so far. One thing I'm always worried about is when guys I like use my blushing bashfulness as a means to tease/flirt or fluff their ego without actually being interested in me. I don't like being played around with.

• Excellent answer here.

What Guys Said 17

• Happened to me before...best damn feeling in the world.

It's a great ego boost knowing that a girl is pretty much into me without me trying so hard. It builds attraction and chemistry ya know? That's pretty much step 1,2, and 3 right there! Getting the girl to like you! If I happen to like you too...then it's smooth sailing from there which brings a big ol' smile to my face!

• I'm not used to positive interests by women. Therefore, I would welcome her eagerly. Better than what I normally get from women which rolled eyes, wrinkled noses or shocked backlash of even standing close to me, mutters of racial slurs and downright rude behavior.

• Wow you must have known some really bitchy women.

• Just look at me and you can understand why women don't find me attractive. All of my personality and confident(which I have bagfulls of each) cannot overcome my physical "deficiencies" that women pay too much emphasis on. Can't complain or else men will say I'm not being man enough to get women anytime I want. Damned if I do, damned if I don't. Lots of men are in my situation, no fun. My only chance are to flirt with international women or prostitution. No fun

• It has happened several times before. I once was teasing a cashier at a sports store and handed her my credit card, but didn't let go of it completely. I just kept tugging on it and telling her to "do her job". She was red as a tomato by the time I was done with her. It was really cute, even though she was dying on the inside. She stared at me with a giddy girl smile all the way to when I was walking and even could she her in the window on the way to the parking lot. :)

• See it's not really fun to get teased about it though. I mean I understand the ego boost on your part, but on the girl's part it's just really embarrassing, especially when the guy just flirts without having any real interest.

• Yeah but at the same time it's sort of a weakness. It makes you kinda vulnerable when it's so obvious how you feel. I mean I'd love it if the guy actually likes me but then it's hard to distinguish between the guys who flirt back and like you for it, and the ones who flirt just because, the ego boost or whatever it is they get out of it.

• If you offer your phone number (and they take it) or they ask for your's, that's usually the tell-tale sign.

• It makes me feel awesome and confident.

• I think it's kinda cute but its usually never that easy for a guy to know. No offense but girls are harder to read than any foreign language. If a guy knew, it'd be a lot easier

• Really depends what she looks like, unfortunately.

• I would enjoy probably through a first date, but then it would get annoying if we couldn't talk cause of your shyness.

• I think it would make me feel very good about myself if a girl did that to me. I might feel nervous too since I'm not used to that reaction from a girl. You would probably seem so cute and adorable too. I don't think it would boost your attractiveness as a female human though...

• I've never had a girl react like that to me. I'd probably be flattered.

• It's very endearing :), makes me wanna hug the person cause it's so cute ^^.

As for being taken seriously, yes, depending on the person's looks and how attracted I am to them I'll give them an equal shot romantically :).

• It's tough to say, I'll usually see how she is around other guys. If she only acts this way about me, I would ask her out. You'd be surprised how many super-social girls out there act like this but end up not really liking you.

• had a girl like that, and I can tell you now is that the only love of my life was exactly like this, so yes those types of reactions are dead give away's which is a good thing it's really nice to know actually, love it when a women a blushes hehe :)

• tbh I like it when girls act like that because then I know that the girl likes me and I don't have to go through the whole does she like me or not thing if you no what I mean.

• I would say it's awesome reaction. :) Any guy that meets a girl who reacts like that, because of him, should be flattered. This is part of who you are don't ever try to stop doing that and don't be ashamed of that either. :)

• Ha I would be smiling because I know I'm turning her into a complete mess.

• thats never happened to me but id think its cute

• I wish I could get that reaction...

What Girls Said 0