To be friends or not to be

So for a little history.. My ex and I (also my sons father) broke up about 3 months ago after 9 years together.. The relationship was VERY rocky and the first two months of the breakup were even worse.. Ex: mean texts and phone calls. I hv decided I am done fighting I'm past my bitter ex phase.. So I text him last night after he dropped off our child..explaining I am sorry about the fighting and just want to be able to get along and possibly be friends.. (lets face it our child is only 5 so we have to deal with each other for a long time)

Problem is with me sayn that he has began flirting with me and telling me he wants to fix everything..trust me its beyond fixing and I don't want to be with him.. How can we be friends if he won't take the hint that me being nice doesn't mean I want him back.. Any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's difficult, it sounds like he still has feelings for you.

Like you said you'll still have to deal with him for the forseeable future, so perhaps you should just sit down and talk to him? Communication is important, just say right now you don't see yourself having a relationship and right now you just need some time to yourself really?

What Guys Said 1

• If he can't take that hint, then don't be friends.

What Girls Said 1

• Being exs and having to deal with the ex because of a child is hard doing that myself right now but just be straight up and say you just want to be able to get along 4 the sack of the child it goes no further then that If that's what you want he has no choice but to take that especially if he cares about his child he has to respect your wishes or the fighting and stuff with be a big nagitive affect on the child