My whole life I've had that curse of being "cute". I've always been told I'm cute by girls and when I tell that I hate being called cute cause it's a cockblock they tell me it's not and that girls like cute guys and hot girls still date cute guys. My last girlfriend was hot but she was the first real hot girl to chase me down. Do hot girls really date cute guys?
Most Helpful Guy
Of course! link (she's still chasing after him even after he's dead).
Because girls are socially trained from a young age that their value is nearly 100% correlated to their looks, women grow up to feel very insecure. To try and cope with this insecurity, they try a variety of different things, including:
1. hating on men, wishing they were less sexual, trying to make men feel bad for being sexual, trying to change what men should find attractive in a woman, etc.
2. cognitive disassociation, trying to deny that looks play a part in a person's attractiveness, trying to convince themselves that judging people based on looks is immoral or wrong or our favorite "shallow", and trying to convince themselves that they are more attractive if they can achieve something as effortless as simply "being a good person."
3. trying to add perks to being in a relationship with them, to compensate for sub-par looks, education, career, skills with children, cooking, cleaning, claims of being loyal and making a "good" wife in the future someday.
4. acquiring things of value such as expensive clothes, shoes, jewelry, handbags, cars, houses, traveling, etc. A boyfriend of husband of high value is also included in the list of things of value that are acquired.
5. being in a relationship with someone less attractive than she is; being the "better-looking" one in the relationship.
Let's focus on #5 for a bit.
Imagine for a second this really hot girl is going out with this hot rich smart guy. Sluts are dying to have sex with him. Whores are dying to marry him and have a piece of his assets and income. Disney princesses are dying to be in a relationship with him to hopefully realize their idealized and romanticized love fantasy. If being with this guy was this hot girl's JOB, how comfortable do you think she would feel with her job security? She would probably need Xanax just to function normally around other women, or the thought of her man being "alone" or away from her.
Now, imagine the same hot girl, with an average guy who is fairly attractive. Sure, maybe there's some girl out there who would find him so attractive that she would initiate sex with him, but the chances of that are highly unlikely. Also, there's probably some girl out there who he also finds attractive, but nowhere near how smoking hot she (his current gf) is, so the chances of him cheating are highly unlikely. He feels great because he can't understand how someone so hot could be with him. She feels great because she feels safe and secure in her relationship, and she may even be "in control," having him work extra hard and go over the top just to continue to be with her. (For a good example, watch Joanna Krupa in Real Housewives of Miami, when she says: "you have two options, either you marry me or we break up.")1