Coffee shop guy - help me to snag him!!!

I am crazy in lust with a guy that works at my local coffee shop. I try to go there once a week (not TOO often!). I am sure he recognizes me. Today he said goodbye to me when I left, though may very well have been a friendly thing & nothing more. I am ultra shy and don't know how to make him notice me, or what to do about it. Help please!

I can't stay anon as I know one of the girls he works with
OK, the girl he works with (who by all accounts is very fickle & 2 faced & strange) didn't reply to my message, though I guess I didn't flat out ask her a question about him.

What are your thoughts on contacting him via social medial? A pm on Facebook? Is that too terrible for words?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's his job to "be nice". Be careful here. However if you really want to try to get this guy, find a way for him to give you his number (or you, his). Just go up to him when he's free and start talking about something dealing with the shop orrr the weather or something that's not too confrontational and is subtle enough so that it's fairly quick. Talk to him for about 10 minutes or until he says he needs to get back then just hope that he gives you his number, or say "hey, this is crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybe"

What Guys Said 7

• He's not going to ask a customer out. In this situation, you need to approach him.

Wear your best arty-trendy-but still sexy outfit, flirt as best you can, and then pass him your number. Yeah, its scary.

He'll call or he won't.

• Facebook is a bad idea... What's the hold up? If this guy is single and as great as you think...he won't be single long. Get moving!

• Next time...when you are paying...slip a small note(in the cash) with you name and number. See if he calls.

• Hmm tbh it isn't a big deal whether you are anonymous or not. But if you're giving problems rather than solutions, I don't think you are actually going to do it.

Sometimes you just have to let yourself go and be yourself, for like, 15 seconds. In some ways it is peripheral whether he likes you or not. Think of it as a self-defining moment in your life.

• yeah, I am a big chicken and massively scared of rejection! but I love your answer! I'll let you know if I get the guts.

• btw if you are going to ask your friend whether he is single or not, then you may as well ask her to set you up with him if he's single - way more convenient than approaching him yourself. That's what friends are for! If you are not great friends with her maybe I would become good friends with her and go from there!

• She's a lot younger than me, perhaps not great friend material, but perhaps she can help :)

• DO IT! Write a little note with your name (maybe not real name so if he doesn't call and makes fun of it to his friends they wouldn't know it's you) and phone number, and sneak it to him at the counter XD

Then you've thrown the ball in his court and if he calls, great; if not, well you can always change your preferred coffee shop :D

• Hmm speaking of which, there is this really cute coffee shop girl who is really friendly with me :D I go there every other day and when she sees me she always chats more than the average barister at the counter. Like, tries to tell me her life story as I'm trying to type in my pin lol.

• wear something tight and skimpy to get his attention so he will try to flirt with you.

• hmmm, he's the trendy/arty type, I don't think he'd be into girls in skimpy clothes. but I guess I can try skimpy cool!

• no guy can resist a sexy girl!

• I think you should just approach him and talk about his work.

What Girls Said 2

• Have your name and number written down on a piece of paper.

In it write, "I would love the opportunity to get to know you better. Call me :)"

Go in the shop has you would usually,

"Greet him. Order your coffee has you usually would. When you are about to leave slip him the note. Do not go back there until you have heard from him.

• Yes I agree entirely with Stacy. This is perfect for a drive-by lol. You can maintain your anonymity, and it's quick and sweet. This has to be the most efficient method. If you take longer (A) you have a higher chance to screw it up, and (B) you would impede on his working hours. You have to respect a man's work imo.

• @update: follow my advice.

plus, don't stay anon. let him know who you are. what is there to be ashamed about? so you like a boy! big deal. it will all be fine trust me.

• I'd probably try to get his attention by smiling at him whenever he looks at me, and then when we have that smile-relationship (lol) I'd try to talk to him, maybe about his work or something and figure out what he's into (if he likes art for instance and I do too, we'd talk about that).

There's a cashier in the store near our house and he seems really shy. He barely ever said hi to me at first, then one time he just randomly started talking about the weather. He was so adorable, I couldn't help but laugh. Not at him, but at the situation, because it just came out of nowhere. :D