A guy who hardly knows me but asks me to be his girlfriend?

I already know something isn't right about him but I'm curious why some guys push for relationships early on before really getting to know the girl and spending much time together.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's either desperate for a girlfriend (this could be for so many reasons), or you are way out of his league and he fears if he doesn't make a move now, he will lose his chance altogether. Probably a mix of both.

What Guys Said 4

• Most often it's because they thrive for having the entry for the social construct of a relationship checked out on their list (meaning they are desperately trying to get *a* "girlfriend") and not because he actually loves you for who you are or any of the sort, as he doesn't actually know you.

Happens if the guy is immature and finds the girl attractive.

• maybe he... I don't know.. likes you and wants to make sure he "gets" you?

thats a crazy idea though, its only normal to hit on tons of girls and stuff right? gotta f*** em all!?

• Clumsiness? Maybe you are so gorgeous it forces him to a mistake. Maybe he believes in fate. Maybe when you don't like someone, he always seems to be rushing it, and when you like someone, it seems he could not ask you soon enough.

• Let me give you my point of view from my only dating experience.

I met the girl in college right as the semester was ending. She was everything I looked for in a girl, we talked so easily, never felt better. The reason I rushed was because I was afraid that if I didn't make a move, she'd lose interest over the break, and I'm so inexperienced when it comes to relationships that I was confused about how to progress things. I admit that I was also eager to get things going, just because I already had liked her, but ultimately it was way too soon. Didn't work out.

So the BA is right, except for the out-of-league thing. I should have listened to that one song, "...only fools rush in..." lol.

What Girls Said 2

• I get the same thing all the time by different guys. They try to rush into a relationship real quick and make you all theirs. It's flattering but at the same time, it is odd. Now days, you have to get to know a person first before jumping into a relationship. I don't really know why guys are being like this but take it as a red flag until they prove themselves

• Some guys (not all guys) try to jump into a relationship because they don't know what they really want.