If someone does online dating to find a date does that mean something is wrong with them?

Is it likely that something is wrong with someone if they participate in online dating? How likely is it that they do online dating because they can't find someone in their normal daily life? Whether it's because of their looks or personality.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's becoming more and more common. Years ago, I'd say maybe. Anymore, it's just convenience. For instance, once you're out of school, it can be hard to meet people. I know in my old job, I had to move to another state so I didn't know anyone, and I never met anyone my age because I was hired at 25 and everyone around me was in their 40s or older. I just didn't hang with that crowd (and none of them seemed to do anything outside of work with each other anyway), so I never met anyone, and I don't like to fly solo anywhere really. It led to a pretty miserable social life.

Then I decided to change careers, so I'm back in school again and now I'm surrounded by people slightly younger to slightly older because of my career choice, and all of a sudden my social circle has increased again and I've had a lot more people I've been able to meet.

It's all about meeting people, and sometimes you can't meet people because of your life. It's easy to do that online, and as more people open their minds to it, more join in and it's less of a stigma and just another way to meet people.

What Girls Said 4

• No, a lot of adults do it because we have outgrown our high school or college years and have a limited pool of people to date from. I did not have great success with online dating. Yes, I got a lot of dates from it, but no one I ended up wanting date #2 with. However, I know other people who met their boyfriends or husbands from it.

• I tried it because although I get a lot of attention in bars, it is never the types I want. You get the arrogant loud ones, and the nice ones are too shy to talk.

I also didn't put a picture on my profile because I wanted guys to get to know me first and not just talk because they think I'm hot. I found a really nice guy through it and he admitted he wouldn't have tried to chat me up if he saw me in a bar, he'd be too shy. So I do it to avoid missed opportunities.

• Not at all. If that's the case, there'd be something wrong with many people around the world. Not quite sure what meaning you've put in the word "wrong". There are pretty, ugly, smart and stupid people doing online dating, and it's really common.

• Yes

What Guys Said 0