How to stop being so superficial about dating and guys?

I'll admit I'm what some guys would call a superficial girl because I only date hot or really hot guys, but I somehow feel guilty for being this way I tried to date a not so pretty person but I just don't feel the connection, I'm such a visual person I know looks it's not all, but it's really easy for me to fall for a guy if he's hot, regardless of his personality. I can't resist pretty things

I'm such a awful person how can I change that?

Most Helpful Girl

• How to stop being so superficial about dating and guys?
    Most likely by not falling for hot guys regardless of their personality and falling for hot guys with personality.

Depends on what you want to change.

If it's changing how you fall for hot guys regardless of their personality:
    - affirm that you're not falling for him rather you're lusting for him
    - try to get to know him rather than look at him
    - make a list of personality traits that are dating/relationship criteria for you and see how he matches up to the list

If it's changing how you only date hot or really hot guys:
    - date guys you're not attracted to or find unattractive and mentally replacing them with guys you find attractive
    - rationalize yourself out of your superficiality by stating it doesn't matter, personality is more important, and that looks fade

What Guys Said 4

• why do you want to change that?

• Try going for other types of guys then.

• im not gunna date an ugly bitch either...

• You're not awful, who you're attracted to is nothing wrong.

What Girls Said 3

• give yourself a little time. Time will soon teach you that everything that glitters ain't gold. After a few hard knocks, you'll be stumbling over yourself to avoid them. Life is the best teacher. Just give it some time...

• You're not awful, just put a blindfold over your eyes.

• u can't change who you are, just your reaction to the consequences... so what if you don't like unattractive guys? some guys don't like skinny girls... others don't like big ones... it's a matter of taste...