I was late for a first date now she won't talk to me?

This chick and I met coincidentally and talked for a little bit and made plans for a first date. I liked her a lot and she seemed to like me. I got there late and told her I was running late...but after about 25 min or so then she left. when I got there I text her and said she left I took to long.

i apologized and all and was sincere and asked to try it again but she said nope. why are some girls so mad about this kind of thing...i did apologize...please explain this irrational girl behavior.l

Most Helpful Girl

• She's just another drama queen.

What Girls Said 9

• Just let it go.it was the first date and you made a bad impression.in her eyes the cost to benefit analysis was not in your favor so she left.it's not like she knew you well enough to have strong emotions toward t you like that, it was a guy she barely knew who was almost a half hour late to the date.she probably had other plan and decided to move on.there isn't anything you can do since you already said sorry.

• Hey, I just went on a date last night and the guy was 2 HOURS LATE. He had a reasonable excuse and apologized so I gave him a chance. I think when the worst happens people's true colors come out. if she still couldn't give you a chance after a sincere apology and good explanation, just move on. You're better off with someone who is more understanding.

• She sounds high maintenance. You're better off.

• Honestly, I would be hurt if I was the girl. Imagine her stressing over that date and changing her outfit like ten times and spending so much time in getting ready and then.. The guy shows up 25 minutes late, as if he didn't care about the date at all.

Like somebody already said, surprise her with some flowers or something and apologize and explain why you were late.

Good luck. :)

• Oh wow she's a bitch! I mean if you gave her a good enough explanation why you arrived late then she shouldve understood you, but sounds like she's those kind of girls that are too demanding & full of themselves. And anyways, she obviously didn't look forward to seeing you cause if she was she wouldve stayed a little longer or better yet, called.

• I've done that before, a first date is suppose to be a viewing of someone romantically if you can't be bothered to show up on time,I see no need to stick around. First impressions are everything.

• well, you came late for the first date! may be she took it as an early warning. or may be she thought you made no effort or you were not excited enough to meet her that you came late. like she came all dressed up , on time while you came strolling by

• She just sounds like a huge bitch.

• Maybe she has has the same-thing happen before, many times.

And you showing up 25+ minutes late is a very big red flag.

She might see it as an excuse because past experiences or something worse.

Try plopping by with a little something, flowers, an apology card, reassure her you are really serious.

Unless you are really not.

But, Don't be late, be early next time, if you get that chance.

I waited over to hours for someone...It hurts.

Yumeh, snowangel, take 5 minutes to not be so selfish and unhelpful.

What Guys Said 1