What do you prefer? Texting or Calling?

Which one of these do you prefer over the other? why?

I prefer calling cause its much more personal (I get to hear the other persons voice unlike texting). So yeah which one do you prefer doing?

• Calling
  • Texting
  • I don't really have a preference. I do both about the same.

Most Helpful Guy

• Calling. It's more personal. Texting you can never what the f*** they're trying to say. You need to hear someones tone of voice to know if they're joking or not or if they're having a hard time. Emotion in the voice is key for communication. Texting is to short, and to fast to really get meaning into it.

What Guys Said 10

• I prefer sending texts and receiving calls.

Basically I've never liked calling people. But depending on who it's from, I do prefer talking on the phone with people than just receiving messages.

• I prefer calling, never again will use texting to have conversations.

• I also prefer calling, much more better to hear other persons voice

• haha look at the answers.

I prefer calling.

• Calling.

• I agree with you..and voted "A"...(:(:(:

• Texting, it forces you to get to the point and you can do other things in between texts so you aren't just standing around like some a**hole.

• actually talking to someone is quicker and better especially such a cute voice from a girl. Amusing women vote texting. Is it cause of shyness?weakness? Or maybe cause it makes em feel like they're getting more attention?

• My phone conversations last for like 2 min so I don't get much out of them.

• txt

What Girls Said 8

• It depends... if someone is just chatting/small talk or asking a short question I much prefer a text. I like being able to have a conversation with someone about anything and still do what I want not being tied up talking on the phone.

Sometimes if its a more serious/personal thing that needs to be talked about and its not feasible to talk in person calling is better than text.

• I'm an all or nothing person when it comes to communication. I either like being in person, or not having any real sense of the person (only voice, only face, etc.), so I choose texting. Although I think texting is stupid when people let it consume them (ie, teenagers). I've never liked talking to people on phones, regardless of who it is. But sometimes I just have to... it sucks. I really am better with e-mail/IM/texts though. Having the time to type gives me more time to fully plan out what I want to say.

• Im kinda the same too. I think I'm better with texts/emails but for some reason I now prefer calling cause even though I'm not that comfortable, I realize that its way better cause it actually improves our comm. skills compared to just txting.

• Yeah, that's true. It does. But I don't have enough people that I talk to now to just call... =(

• Oh well me neither but I guess whenever I have the chance (someone randomly texts me), I call them not text them back. But dnt wrry you're not the only one lol

• Texting...I'm too awkward for calling and I don't have a lover boy to go serenading with my voice so :) I'll stick to the cold and very hard to gauge texting..

• I absolutely despise talking on the phone and am much more comfortable with texting. For me, talking on the phone has these really weird, awkward pauses. With texting you can stop talking and then start it over without the awkwardness of pausing. You can also think of what to say and see if it would make sense before you send it. It would be weird to just drop of a phone conversation randomly when it gets awkward, because there is that pause, then the "uh, I've gotta go, my cat fell down the stairs", excuse, lol. Sadly, I actually have used that to end a convo...So yeah, texting for the win. Plus I usually see people that I text with often, so there isn't really a need to call, also.

• I prefer texting just because people can ease droop on my conversations. It's also easier to hid something over text then talk.

• Calling because I hate when people do this: link and this: link

• Texting, there's not pressure to hold a conversation/respond immediately.

• cause were I live its cheaper