Interested in your experience?

My girlfriend of four years and I have decided recently to go our separate ways. The decision was totally mutual and a result of some differences that have shown up in our personalities as a result of time.

She and I, though, have decided to stay friends because we have never had a problem with one another; we have many similar interests and get along well- we simply differ emotionally.

Still, I feel confused about the entire ordeal. It feels strange to have to end such a good relationship over something as small as a difference in emotional behavior.

aside: Before anyone accuses me of not trying: We tried to work this through and I did try to be more emotional/ affectionate but it just did not work. Both of us felt it too forced.

She deserves a great person; someone that can give her everything she wants.

Why do I feel okay with this breakup? Why do I know it is going to hurt when she finds someone new?

Strangely, she has posed that I should try to date her younger sister who is very similar to myself. Though I do find this very unlikely to happen, I do have strong feelings for her sister.

Most Helpful Girl

• First, I don't think you guys should even stay friends both of you need to move on and find a new life, That way once she finds someone knew you are not there to see it. If both of you decided to break it, break it off completely, it's the healthier way.

About her sister I don't think its s good idea,

• I don't agree entirely about she and I not being friends, but I do agree that she and I need to be separate for a while to let this thing sink in. She is taking me back to my university tomorrow and it seems as if that will be the last time I see her until winter. I will not be pursuing anything with her sister at this point in time, though, I may in the future. I think being alone may be best for now.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• You a little strange to me .

"Why do I feel okay with this break up? Why do I know it is going to hurt when she finds someone new?

"

your Confused my friend, if you OK with the brake-up then you will not fill hurt when she find someone how deserves her as you said it your self.

" I feel confused about the entire ordeal. It feels strange to have to end such a good relationship over something as small as a difference in emotional behavior."

well that's normal when a 4 year relationship over . So if you fill OK with the brake-up then it will be gone next time you go out with someone else .

and about her sister if you have filling for her or not it's not important in my opinion you should not go out with here its just abad loop and emotions can raise again and I think it will not be good for you or her .

• hmm.. I wouldn't date her sister..

• She might have made that suggestion, but I doubt very much she'd be happy if you did it.