Did I mess up our first date?

A blind date! Went so well because we clicked right away! Talked for hours. Then it was pouring rain so we hid under a kiosk. Anyway we talked some more but them he kissed me and we made out. When he started touching me a lot I stopped it. Anyway he was sweet afterward. I went home.

The next day I texted him "Hey! Just wanted to say I got caught up in the moment, if you're just looking to have fun I'm in a different place right now. Have a good day Elvis:)" (little elvis joke we had)

He texted back "yeah it was a bit too fast but don't worry no big deal we'll see how it goes, it's all good" etc etc

Well it's been a week, haven't heard from him. He did say he was gonna go to his beach house for a few days when we chatted afterward on Skype for a while, and "see ya when I get back"

Was it a mistake to text him all that?! Did I scare him off? Was he just being polite saying "I'll see you when I return"? I hope the text didn't sound desperate, I just wanted to clear stuff up...

Hope you didn't fall asleep reading so much hehe Thanks!:)

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi Glad to see that your fist night went well, and if he was any sort of a gentleman then he would have appreciated you stopping his wandering hands. I don't think you texting him was wrong as it shows that you did like him and you care, if he is not repsonding correctly it looks like he was just after one thing so you are better off without him

What Guys Said 6

• I personally don't see anything wrong with what you did. But I don't get all caught up in these webs of complicated rules of contact/no contact. And if I were like the typical man who judges and writes off women for contacting a mere hour too soon, I would have missed out on some awesome women, so I tend not to get all caught up in it.

Wait a few more days after he gets back and see what he does. Don't initiate contact again, let him decide to make the move.

• He messed up on the date ...not you. I don't see that you did anything wrong. Guys don't get scared away like girls have been brainwashed that they do. Its been 7 days...If he doesn't call by the 10th day...forget about him. FOREVER. If he was really interested..he wouldn't let 10 days pass without contacting you. Best of Luck!

• You're reading way too much into it.

Your date went fine. The message was fine. His reply meant what it said.

• "Hey! Just wanted to say I got caught up in the moment, if you're just looking to have fun I'm in a different place right now. Have a good day Elvis:)"

If I were a guy, I would have read that as "if you are looking to go out, have a fun dating experience with me, you should look elsewhere." That totally scared him off. Obviously you meant intimacy, but it kinda sounds like a soft rejection. It's like, that's the WHOLE POINT of dating... to build a fun relationship with someone. You are basically telling him to move on.

If I were you, I would have worded it something like "I had a great time last night AND I ENJOY hanging out with you and having FUN, but I would like to take the intimacy part a little slower."

Now you just sound like a bore.

• I agree with everyone else here. You have far from messed up at any point. Just be patient !

• I think you did well in sending him that because it lets him know that you aren't looking to just mess around.

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like you left him wanting more!

Just wait and see if he sends you a message, you're still getting to know each other and if he keeps showing up says a lot.

If he's on vacation he's in the moment and on vacation!

Don't shut your options down just yet :).

Dina

You can check out my free Dating Toolkit and newsletter here.

link