Last night she gets a text at around 1am? Women I need relationship advice.

Ok so me and my girlfriend have been going out for like 3 months, last night she gets a text at around 1am, she says it's her friend "Dillion" from work, I told her I don't like men texting her phone this late at night, I say this because men call for booty calls this late and it's really starting to piss me off. she says he's just a coworker who call when he's drunk and lonely and needs women advice. she said "you have nothing to worry about in fact the first thing he asked was how is your relationship doing" I said he was prob hoping you'd say not good so he can squeeze in. she said no he's not like that and blah blah blah. she knew him before we where dating. so my question is should I be on the look out for this a**hole or just listen to her and let it go.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to say I think you're completely right. Calling someone at 1am while drunk asking for "relationship advice" seems very inappropriate by itself, never mind if he has other intentions. I think this guy is clearly showing signs that he likes your girlfriend, but she probably doesn't feel the same so tells you not to worry. Should you worry? No, probably not. If you confront her about it again she'll start to think you're insecure. So relax, this guy can want your girlfriend all he wants, she's yours :)

What Girls Said 5

• I would say don't jump to any conclusions. Assuming things will get you nowhere and leaving you feeling like dirt. I agree that it is rather rude to be calling or texting at one am. That's a little ridiculous. If I were you though I would trust your girlfriend. If she knew the guy before you were together and she still ended up with you, it should say something. I don't think your girlfriend is the one to worry about.

• I would be on the look out. She may mean what she says but this guy sounds like a problem. First off if he is a co-worker than he should NOT be calling her phone like he is a friend. This sounds like something that needs to be nip in the butt ASAP. I am a female and when a guy calls me 1am in the morning it's not for advice more like can I come over or are you alone? Stick to your gut and she should respect your view. How would she like it if the table were turn and you had a female co-worker calling late night. I bet she wouldn't give the same reply.

• Just listen to her and let it go. You need to have trust in your relationship, especially when it's new. Has she ever given you a real reason not to trust her? If not, take her word for it. I'm sure she will tell you if he tries something, but as it is now, you should trust her.

• i trust her, it's the a**hole she works with that I don't trust. I just don't like dudes calling her at that hour of the night seems like a booty call it me. I'm not pissed at her but I really wanna ring the dudes neck. I just wanna protect what's mine. she's been cheated on in a past relationship and she says how much it hurt. so I don't think she would cheat on me but you never know but id be a fool to think it's not possible.

• You don't have to trust the guy, as long as you trust she's doing the right thing when they hang out or talk. The only time it would matter would be if he tried to force himself on her, which she would undoubtedly tell you. Just tell her calmly that you would appreciate it if she told him to not text her past 10 or whatever time you feel inappropriate, but even then you can't control what he does. Just trust her behavior and don't get short with her for his actions, unless she's doing something

• that would cause suspicion. (Her actions from your question don't qualify for causing suspicion).

• I'll say be careful with both, If he's texting your girl that late and your girl think is OK because its just a friend, It just not right for both, where is the respect!

• I would be on the lookout, why would she even want to respond to him at 1am if this guys drunk. There is no reason drunk or not that a guy needs to be texting a girl that is taken. I would definitely assume he has feelings for her and is trying to get something started.

What Guys Said 1

• She should be ignoring his drunk texts late at night. Replying to them will only encourage the guy to keep doing it. I think your Girlfriend is being sincere in her belief that the guy just wants advice, but unfortunately she is wrong. The guy definitely is interested in her.

I actually had something similar happen to me with a Girlfriend in college. Eventually I had to have a sit down with the guy and straighten him out.