I like a well-dressed man...

Lately, I've been really attracted to a man that knows how to dress: looks like he stepped out of a GQ editorial - even a decent pair of shoes will just turn me on. However, my friends say that usually a man that dresses "too" nice is probably gay. I just want to go out and about with someone that makes an effort to look good like I do. Men like attractive women. Well... women like attractive men. Are my standards too high?

Most Helpful Guy

• no not at all, its nice to see someone notices when I put effort in.

What Guys Said 6

• Men who dress nice are gay? That's a new one on me! I've dressed nice many times, and I'm sure I am 100% straight. So is my wife.

Anyway, you actually have a reasonable standard. You want someone attractive. But make sure it's someone you find attractive, not someone the media and your friends says is attractive (or not).

• Right! I hate that people tell me men I like are gay. It's silly.

Great advice!

• Gay men probably tend to dress more -fashionably- then straight men, on average, but I'm not sure either is more likely to dress -well-.

• I like to dress up whenever I go out

Cause it makes me feel good

And fancy :P

• it's not actually that hard to look like GQ-esque lol.

You just need a good shirt, good pants, and good shoes.

The rest is your physique lol.

• Seems reasonable to me.

• I don't think your standards are too high.

What Girls Said 2

• You didn't really say that it was your standard but nah... if you're attracted to that you're attracted to that and since it's good there's no point not being attracted to it. If you want something you have to have the consequences of it too so if you can deal with it, your standards are not too high for yourself to deal with.

• Or he could be metrosexual