Could you ever date a straightedge kid?

you know a person that doesn't do drugs/drink, smoke cigs, or have sex? could you date someone that is 2 out of the 3 of those things?

btw I am not straightedge. I am just curious about you guys. I don't get it personally but hey to each its own(:
thanks for answering people! my 2nd question to you is how well do you take care of yourself? do you work out regualrly and eat a heathy? or do you think that sense your not drinking or smoking that's all you have to do to be healthy? I don't know I just feel like its rather counterintuitive to abstain from drugs and alcohol in order to remain healthy and then trash your body with fast food and high sodium products. just a thought(:

Most Helpful Guy

• I am a straightedge kid

I'm actually the designated driver when all my friends get smashed

• what made you wanna be straightedge?

• well look at you! your probably gonna live to be super old and healthy(:

• Yeah you'd think that but I eat as much junk food as possible haha

I mean, who could say no to Haagen Daas Rocky Road :P

What Guys Said 16

• LOL you make it sound like sex is a vice the same as drugs and alcohol.

Obviously I won't date a woman who doesn't do sex, unless she has medical reasons. Drugs and smoking are out too, period. Occasional drinking is fine for me.

• sex is considered a vice along the lines as drinking and drugs when its 'promiscuous'.

• point taken. Though these days I'm not so sure anymore lol.

• I prefer to date a girl who doesn't smoke cigs or do drugs. I could date a girl who doesn't drink. But no way would I date a girl who doesn't have sex.

• If prefer a girl to not do hard drugs and smoke cigarettes, but sex of some kind needs to be a part of the relationship. As far as not drinking that's fine as long as I don't get judged for my own preferences.

• I thought straight edge was just drink, smoking and drugs.

That's how I live by, but no sex, well damn that'd be tough but I'd endure if she was amazing.

• Easily, since I am "straightedge" as well.

• what made you wanna be striaghtedge?

• Kind of a pride thing. I want to to give my body a chance to reach its full potential (even though I will never reach that). I also feel sluggish when I eat junk. Humans are the superior species on Earth, but if you still strip us down, we are still animals. Most of the other animals on Earth take care of themselves physically and I want to do the same.

• okay that's a fair answer!

• Hmmm. No sex is a new one since I had contact with people on that scene.

• Except for the sex part those are the kinds of people I seek out.

• And what is it that makes you not straightedged?

• my answer isn't going to be the popular answer with this particular set of people so I am going to withhold it for now(:

• I don't judge, send me a message if that makes you more comfortable.

• I'm two out of three of those things. So not only could I, but I'd prefer to.

For the record I don't drink, smoke, or do any form of drugs. As of late I'm not having sex, but that's not do to a lifestyle choice.

• spelling correction *due to* not *do to*

It might seem counterintuitive, but health is not the only reason for abstaining. Also it's easier to force yourself to not do something, than it is to force yourself to do something.

High sodium can be countered with drinking lots of water (something most people don't do enough of anyway.

Fast food is not automatically bad for you. Fat, and calories are things your body needs. It becomes bad when it's all that you eat.

• lol thanks spelling police. and fast food is bad fat, and bad calories. I don't know any inshape people that are serious about there healthgame that eat fast food or overly processed frozen foods/can foods more then once a month.

• I'm not trying to say that it's good for you, I'm just saying it's not as bad as most people think. Overly processed I'm not gonna defend, it's also not as bad as most people think, but I don't know of anything good about it.

A person who is serious about their fitness and nutrition wouldn't eat fast food almost by definition. They often plan their nutrition. But for a person who's trying to stay in reasonable shape, it won't affect them much as long as it's in moderation.

• I prefer people who don't do drugs/smoke.

• I'm straight-edge, so hell yeah.

I like how you said 2 of the 3 things. hinthint nudgenudge

• I workout 4-5 days a week and eat pretty healthy. I rarely eat fast food. My body's really important to me, so stuff like doing drugs and smoking are out of the question to me.

I don't drink either. I'm not as strict on it as drugs, but I still don't have a desire to take part in it. Just my preference

As for the sex, lol great exercise amiright?

• Yes. I have never had any interest in wanting to do drugs,drink or smoke so I could date someone who does not do any of that. I try to eat healthy most of the time, but do not really work out regualry.

• why date someone you can't have sex with? that's not a girlfriend, that's just a friend. I couldn't care less about the smoking and drinking though.

• Yeah.

• Yup, that's what I look for actually.

• i don't like cigs but I would prefer to date someone who drinks, has sex and smokes a little weed

• cigs are bad for you. I don't know anyone that smokes that is hyped about smoking cigs lol

• Yes, because if I didn't I would be very hypocritical.

What Girls Said 6

• Absolutely. Let's put it this way: I would never want a man that does drugs, drinks or smokes cigarettes.

• Hi, I'm Chris, nice to meet you *extends hand*

• "But I don't see the point in ruining your health with things you can survive without, anyway" people don't need fast food to survive. you can easily ruin your heath with a bad diet. do you abstain from bad food as well as drugs/alcohol?

• I try to, haha. And visual, I couldn't describe it better XD

• I actually prefer someone who is :) 99% of my friends are party animals and drink, have sex, smoke cigs/weed and I don't really like hanging out with them when they're intoxicated or high, or just not themselves. It is pretty funny though, at times. I'm a straightedge kid and if I could find a partner that is (which must be very rare cus I'm 18 and have never met anyone who's straightedge and *not* a nerd lol)...

• Yes, I could date a person like this as long as they weren't overly judgmental of me drinking and smoking every once in a while. The sex might be an issue though. I am not a religious person. If the person was holding out on sex for a non religious reason, like maybe they just weren't ready or weren't comfortable, I would be OK with it but I would not date a person who was waiting because of their religion because I want the person who I'm dating to have similar values as me.

• I wouldn't call them straightedge, sounds weird.

Yes

• its there name lol.

• so to the best of your abilities your keep yourself healthy? yeah I guess that's fair.

• Yes I'd date someone that is straightedged

• @ update: I take care of myself really good. I workout 3 or more times a week and eat healthy . But I do eat high sodium products : D I love salt!

• its hard, salt is everywhere I've only recently in the past 6 months been on a low sodium kick. I wish it didn't make stuff taste so good but since I cut it out I have felt wicked healthier and my waist line has gotten smaller.

• Congrats! And thanks for the tip :)

• Hell yes, all three would be good. I'm about as "straightedged" as you can get.

• why are you this way?

• The smoking/drugs thing because I'm a jock who is probably going to get a full ride to college for soccer and lacrosse. Then, there's the fact my parents made it clear years ago they were cutting me off fiancially when I turned 18. The drinking because there are too many recovering alcholics in my family. And the sex thing after marriage because having absentee parents I've already/still raising my sister and no way am I taking any chance of another kid