By accident I push my girlfriend in the river, and now she won't talk to me?

So me and my girlfriend were having a romantic day we went to the those swan boat things and we were just enjoying the view I was teasing her and she pushed me, in a playful way than I did the same, than she pushed me harder, and then I pushed her too (Again we were just playing around we weren't really fighting) and she fell in the river, it was awful she was and still is so upset with me she told me I ruined her clothes and shoes and she told me she never wants to see me again, I know she is just overacting but how can I make up it was accident

Most Helpful Girl

• Make sure she knows that you are really sorry (words for now) and give her space - till she comes to talk to you. Don't pamper her with a shopping spree to make up for it. She needs to realize it was a mistake and she was not hurt or wasn't in any danger of being hurt (right?) so all she needs to accept is a simple and heartfelt apology and perhaps to know that it won't happen again or that you won't put her in that situation again. Make sure she knows that you know how she feels about it, empathise with her about it. When she calms down and you know that she realizes the situation and how her behavior is out, then you can take your apology to the action level of buying her new clothes. This is not a must or anything, just something extra that you could do for her if you want to.

• Thank you that's exacly what I did, she apologize too for overeacting she was upset because apparently it was her favorite outfit, but now we are laugthing about the whole thing

• Great to hear. :D

What Girls Said 9

• For some reason, I can't stop laughing at the title. I'm sorry.

Apologize, offer to buy her some new clothes? Lol.

• If she can't accept your apology, or your effort to make it better... maybe you should leave.

I know that may sound harsh, but come on!

It's not like she drowned!

I would laugh it off and pull you and the water with me, and plus- didn't SHE start it? *throws hands up*

• Just apoloize that is all. If she was wearing something expensive or important to her then offer to help her get a new one. Maybe she had her phone on her? If she did then replace it. If she doesn't get over she has issues. It was an accident don' beat yourself up.

• Maybe the push was just the breaking point, sometimes I get tired of guys and when they mess up it just gives me an excuse to leave.Plus it's not that hard to not push someone against a river...

• Wow. drama queen. Seriously , that Woman needs to learn to laugh in life.

• Sounds like you have a high maintenance girlfriend. Something similar happened to me a few years ago, and I laughed and tried to pull him in with me. It was a dirty river too.

• Apologize nicely and give her some space.

Clothes and shoes CAN be replaced, but if she doesn't have the money, I can see why this would be a bummer for her if she was wearing something nice. If she's broke, offer to chip in to replace at least the shoes, because the river is pretty nasty on shoes. If she's not stressing about money, she might have just been scared and overreacting. Some people really freak out about being underwater unexpectedly. She might just need time to get over being embarassed. Next time, remember to be gentle because we're not as strong as guys...pushing a girl hard enough to fall out of a boat is a pretty good shove. That being said, she's pretty stupid to get in a shoving match with a guy in a boat, however playful, because it usually ends badly.

• Oh boohoo. Clothes and shoes can be replaced. She needs to get over it. Sounds like a drama queen.

• ahahahahahah that's so funny, sorry. Your girlfriend has no sense of humour

What Guys Said 3

• You should've jumped in the river and playfully rescued her when she fell. ;)

• Apologize and give her time to think about it. If those clothes were really expensive I could see why she would be mad, but can they not be washed?

• all you should have to do is apologize to be honest. she needs to get over it