How to cancel a date with a girl you asked out?

So I met this girl and planned a date with her next Wednesday, but I don't want to anymore because I feel as if she doesn't like me. I feel as if she is not interested at all other than being friends. How do I tell her and when should I text her I can't go. Don't want to reschedule either.

Most Helpful Guy

• Friendship can always evolve to love. Don't cancel the date based on your current impression. Dating is just about having a good time, you should take that into consideration.

• Yeah I understand, but I feel like if I see her again I'll be trippin over her again. I want to end the feelings when I can. How should I cancel?

• Obviously? I thought you barely knew her. Come on man, be reasonable: It's three against one.

Why don't we just put the girl to the test and put the decision in her hands?

You don't send her any more text messages untill Tuesday. In the evening, you text her something like the following: "Hey, movie still going on for tomorrow?"

If she replies yes, then you go of course.

If she replies no (or doesn't reply at all), you can stay at home.

WIN-WIN

Only give a short reply as an answer.

• Cool that makes sense. Thanks man!

What Girls Said 4

• I think that you probably have a good reason to believe this. But I trust that 0,01%chance that you may have misinterpreted her actions and that this may be the most awesome date ever! Why blow it? And anyway every date is an experience you get to sorta practise your dating skills have fun and feel like you are making an effort at making your personal life go somewhere. You never ever know what sparks could fly at a date even with people you least imagine possible and besides dating is fun give this girl a chance:)

• If you gave your word the first time. There is no other alternative. If you already accepted you need to go, because even if she does not like you anymore, what if you liked another girl who happens to be friends with her? And, she just says " oh yeah, he cancelled our date, he is a flake? etc. Your integrity is more important then her interest in you now.

• If you planned a date with her, she must like you?

Maybe you are just over thinking this. Go and see what happens. :)

• If she agreed to the date, then she probably likes you. Why don't you just go?

• It's complicated. I told her let's hangout and then emphasized it as a date then she wasn't too responsive. Also she always texts back hours later which is annoying cuse I know she doesn't want to keep a conversation going. Also sometimes, rarely, but she won't even text back at all.

• I still think you should go through with it, but take it as hanging out as friend. Have her pay for herself and just relax and have a good time as friends. I know it sucks but you'll seem like a bit of a jerk if you back down from your word.

What Guys Said 1

• Stick to your word. It is not as if one date will kill you.