Is it normal for a guy to not see his girlfriend on weekends?

Ok I live an hour from my boyfriend and we take turns seeing each other on the weekends. We are 26 and 24 years old. Is it normal for him to choose to go hunting once or twice on a weekend instead of coming to see me? I feel second if he does this and that he would rather be doing that than be with me. Please help and be serious. Thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• Normal? Not really, I'd think he does want to see her.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, it's pretty normal. Guys are hobbyists, and it's likely not any kind of personal vendetta or any kind of message or indication to you that he doesn't love you. You should appreciate the time you have with him rather than lamenting for the time not spent together, then in turn resenting him for it might make problems out of nothing.

• Well if you've got an issue there, maybe work out a practical schedule with him? The only thing is hunting expeditions would probably take the whole weekend and you can't do it say, after work. But I mean, the man is going hunting with his mates, not strip-clubbing. Also, are you planning to wage his hobbies against your love? Cos if so that's going to be a long battle.

What Girls Said 1

• That's normal. You shouldn't want him to give up hobbies and stuff he loves doing to be with you every single weekend. He needs his own space sometimes, and if you try to make him give up things he loves, he will resent you.